Scripting (AKA: Lets make the coders cry)

fludd12

This will be freaking impossible to code, but, hear me out.

This idea is for all electronics (computers, PDAs, even doors) to be programmable and interfaceable in a similar way to Goon, but obviously in a unique-ish way. This could make hacking an interesting new mechanic (though, if it were to replace hacking, the coding style would have to be easy to understand).

This would also allow enterprising players to use computers and create new GUIs for existing jobs, or even automate jobs. A few examples of where this would greatly help:

• Telescience, where one might be able to code an automatic coordinate solver, or PDA-based control of the telepad (or both, of course)

• The brig, where one could automate time and record updating, with the end user needing only to choose which crimes the prisoner is being arrested for.

Cargo, where requests are routed to the QM's PDA and accepted or denied easily.

Engineering, for easy monitoring of the SM / Singularity, control of emitters, output of solars, etc.

Chemistry, where one could preprogram all of the chemical recipes, making life easier.

The library; no more does the librarian have to babysit the computer and print books or do check-in/outs.

Atmospherics, where one could automate fire mix output or alarm control

Of course, there could be plenty of more malicious uses.

• Set up a door hacking software to remotely let your buddies out of jail!

• Send a virus of your own to the clown, autorunning a program which fries their PDA.

Blame the AI for various electronic malfunctions that you orchestrate!

Automate a proximity bomb launcher with the recently buildable mass drivers!

Use telescience to faux-BSA people via suit sensors. (Hack telecomms to make it seem legit!)

Cry a little on the inside when your code eventually backfires and is used against you!

Cry even more when it simply refuses to work!

And various quality-of-life uses, like

• A PDA book reader, for when the library is simply too far. (I expect you have the obesity gene turned on)

• Remotely play the games in escape!

Make your own games because the ones in escape are rage-inducing!

Automatically send PDA messages, or have automated responses!

Bash the clown with your newly program-bogged-to-uselessness PDA!

Now, this is an immensely difficult idea on it's own, but why not step it up a notch?

• Various automated loading/unloading machines, to further automate jobs

• Buildable conveyor belts because they've been needed since forever

Blank computer circuits, so you can program computer consoles to better and replace the average ones

Encryption methods, which makes it more difficult or impossible for programs to access things (Command doors, the escape shuttle computer, etc).

Object scanners, to determine some variables about objects

Object users, which can use a single tool/object on something inside of it.

And all of this possible with something such as NTSL applied to basically everything?

Also, I absolutely do not expect anyone to make this on paradise, but hey, I'll keep it here, in case anyone is insane enough to try.

Why am I slightly reminded of watch_dogs?

(I have not played the game but I remember reading something about hacking shit.)

I also wanna make the clown's PDA honk incessantly. To both piss them off and do their job for them.

You said 'This idea is for all electronics (computers, PDAs, even doors) to be programmable and interfaceable in a similar way to Goon' but these features would be nothing like what Goon currently has.

It's an interesting idea, but yes, this would be a definite PITA to code.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use