Deanthelis Complaint

VampiricImage

First I'd like to say, this Trial Admin is straight up RUDE.

Also to note, I am a fairly new player. I have basics down, but I'm not completely experienced yet.

Background to what happened:

I was Sec, patrolling the station. Came up to engineering, saw blood on the ground. In a room right next to this, there was a man with no ID card on him. I asked him if he knew why the blood was there, he shrugged. I asked him where his ID was, he pointed to his duffelbag and a SYNDICATE PISTOL. I went inside and handcuffed him - He dropped a piece of paper. Captain happened to come around and asked the man where his ID was and upon seeing that he was cuffed, proceeded to search him. The paper was a Cryptographic Sequencer. We found out he was the Chef, who had already been brigged for stealing EVA equipment *he was wearing another EVA suit*. As soon as we got him to the Brig, I got an admin message.

PM from-Trial AdminDeanthelis: So, uh. Why is Felix in the brig?

PM from-Trial AdminDeanthelis: And why doesn't he have a timer set yet?

PM to-Deanthelis: he had no ID, only used emotes to answer me, and pointed to a syndicate pistol.

PM from-Trial AdminDeanthelis: ...So, what crime is he in there for?

PM from-Trial AdminDeanthelis: Give me the name and/or Space Law code number, please.

PM to-Deanthelis: Suspicion of 404.

PM from-Trial AdminDeanthelis: Suspicion isn't a valid excuse to brig, try again.

PM to-Deanthelis: Are you always this rude to your players?

PM from-Trial AdminDeanthelis: Metafriending.

PM from-Trial AdminDeanthelis: Is not allowed.

PM from-Trial AdminDeanthelis: Those messages to Shane were private.

PM to-Deanthelis: First, what reason do you have to believe that we are meta friending?

*Player Complaint: Is there any admin on besides Deanthelis?*

You have been banned by deanthelis.

Reason: Metafriending - You are a Security Officer, not the Captain's bodyguard. Secondly, you should not know about private messages to other players; this proves you are communicating outside of the game. Feel free to attempt an appeal..

This is a permanent ban.

To try to resolve this matter head to http://nanotrasen.se/forum

He gave me NO chance to explain that I was NOT metafriending. Shane and I have the same last name because we met on the server and are roleplaying together. If he thought I was metafriending because I said "Are you always this rude to your players?" I meant that in a GENERAL sense, I did not specifically mean Shane, I didn't even know he was getting messaged by an admin. But he didn't give me a chance to explain that to him. Also, I have no idea what he meant by I'm not the Captain's bodyguard, I never acted like I was.

This was the same issue as viewtopic.php?f=26&t=5059 correct?

That is the exact same issue and what I said over there in the last paragraph is also about this.

Secondly, according to Dean another reason for the ban was in addition to the disrespect, was you and Carla. I can see from these logs the two of you are probably out of game acquaintances, and I would like to note using out of game ways of communication is not allowed. However, Dean was too far hasty and harsh on this, and rather then banning for it, letting you know about the rule and that we know of the Metafriending is what should have been done. I already let him know what is to be done when in a situation like this and apologize for that bit.

PM from-Trial AdminDeanthelis: So, uh. Why is Felix in the brig?

PM from-Trial AdminDeanthelis: And why doesn't he have a timer set yet?

PM to-Deanthelis: he had no ID, only used emotes to answer me, and pointed to a syndicate pistol.

PM from-Trial AdminDeanthelis: ...So, what crime is he in there for?

PM from-Trial AdminDeanthelis: Give me the name and/or Space Law code number, please.

PM to-Deanthelis: Suspicion of 404.

PM from-Trial AdminDeanthelis: Suspicion isn't a valid excuse to brig, try again.

PM to-Deanthelis: Are you always this rude to your players?

- I don't see the rudeness here, sorry. He's correct in that it's not a reason to brig.

I believe the rest of this is addressed in the ban appeal. He was certainly quick on the draw, but the actions, response to PMs and same last names are -very- suspicious. More time should have been given to address this.

As I mentioned in both of their appeals, this was a learning experience for me - I endeavour to be swift when addressing issues so as to prevent further infractions and harm to the round, yet give everyone a fair amount of investigative time. Striking a balance effectively is something that, as I understand it, takes practice - and I'll say it again here; I apologize both for making the mistake, and for you and your friend being the ones inconvenienced by it.

• 3 weeks later...