Covert Emergency Response Team

NTSAM

IC NAME: I dunno. Sneaky title needed, CERT sounds stupid.

WHAT THEY DO: If a station gets many reports of Traitors, Vampires, Changelings or similar but finds no proof, these guys can be called in for a sneaky way to put a stop to them.

They can be called just like an ERT. However, when called, the 'ERT CALLED' announcement will not appear! They appear in Arrivals one at a time, up to 6 of them, and join like an average crew member, but something is up with them. First, they all have the same initials (Adam Foster, Aaron Far, Alex Free), join 20 seconds away from eachother, and spawn with leather jackets. They have a NanoTrasen uplink, which works like a Syndicate uplink, where they can order NanoTrasen-approved items that can range from useless (I.E. ERT Hardsuit Replicas) to ultra-useful (Holy Water Squirt Guns, Pin-bullet launchers which pin the target to a wall like that Vox gun) to WTF. (Fake moustaches, glassless sunglasses) They also use Telecrystals, but of a NanoTrasen brand. They can order NanoTrasen IDs which give them a Civilian ID with higher access.

I want this because if there is a psychotic changeling-traitor running through the halls, you want an ERT, because they already know they are gonna be stopped, but if there is a vampire on the loose and you are unsure whether they exist or not, you don't want them to go beast mode when they notice the fully-armed ERT. You want to catch them in the act. That is why if a CERT (or whatever it ends up being. Just CRT?) agent is targeted, and they are not total dumbfucks, they can pull out their NanoTrasen brand Holy Water Squirt Gun and blast the hell out of that vampire just before they do that Glare shit on them.

This is my shitty idea, I hope you like it. I know it is not perfect, but nothing is really. :D

Oh. Well, basically. What would making a Deathsquad-like version of this do to that?

EDIT: NanoTrasen Funded Valid Hunting (NTFVH)

They can be called just like an ERT. However, when called, the 'ERT CALLED' announcement will not appear! They appear in Arrivals one at a time, up to 6 of them, and join like an average crew member, but something is up with them. First, they all have the same initials (Adam Foster, Aaron Far, Alex Free), join 20 seconds away from eachother, and spawn with leather jackets.

First, they all have the same initials (Adam Foster, Aaron Far, Alex Free), join 20 seconds away from eachother, and spawn with leather jackets.

and spawn with leather jackets.

funny idea. as already said, should be an adim event

because they would be protagonists, but the crew already fill into this role. the CERT/VHS would play the game with the antagonists and station and crew would become a battelfield filled with dummys.

While it'd be a nice thing for an event or something, I don't see this happening as standard. MrFinn and Plotron I think sum up the problems.

No, not a standard thing, just a psuedodeathsquad of leather clad validhunters modeled after the Tunnel Snakes that are called in for really egregious little shits.

Make the leather jackets difficult to remove with stupidly strong defensive properties and call it a day.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use