Replacement bomb testing range

Kluys

So there was this suggestion earlier about making certain places have explosive bolts that would allow you to send them off.

I guess this is sort of similair but also sort of difrent in a way.

Right now the bomb range is essentially a one time use thing, you blow it up and then it stays blown up for the rest of the shift.

Firstly I'd like the bomb range to be a little more connected via walkways which would go well along with the rest of this suggestion.

Picture as an example.

zP8cB8u.png

Essentially what I'd like to suggest is a way to autorepair the bomb range by disposing of the old one and having centcomm send over a new one.

this would happen in a 10 minute cycle.

first two science members would swipe their ID over a console in the observation room starting the sequence.

The bomb range will do a test similair to the cargo shuttle where no organic life should be present, however this should not keep the bomb range from being replaced but rather give a warning and a request to confirm one more time with a captain or RD level ID.

The bomb range would then enter a 5 minute detatching sequence with an alarm on the bomb range both auditory and visual as well as a general announcement to the crew.

after 4 minutes 30 seconds or so the airlocks would close off and 30 seconds later the bomb range would be removed.

this would make a sound across areas close to that part of the station and it might be fun to include a screen shake for those nearby as well.

five minutes later a new bomb range would be moved into position ready for use.

Aside from chemical grenade tests, I don't understand the need for a reduildable test chamber---the single tile of shuttle wall ensures bombs will never go off into deep space and you'll always be able to measure how effective they are.

Aside from chemical grenade tests,

He says to someone who has really gotten into chemical grenades recently. (And who has accidentally the entire chem lab because it turned out a bit to large for the test chamber)

Anyway i think that, not including the sounds and such this could be made using the shuttle or holodeck system as a base. Although i might be completely wrong there

Alternativly, do like goon does, have a machine you stick the tanks into, then you simulate it, and get bomb size, and then you can test it in person.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use