AI and new lightning/ Quarantine

BiberDark

As AI i find it difficult to see, the station is way to dark now. Could we have nightvision for Ai or something like that. :geek:

Quarantine the station objective.

This is nearly impossible there are so many doors not visible to cameras and also the shuttles. So it is impossible to stop people.

In a normal round also you have very few borgs, and blobs starts right from the beginning. So there is no or only one borg who can assist you.

I do not want to sound whiny but I see no way to carry out the goal. And the Crew is mostly like to break quarantine and security does not even think about supporting you. :oops:

I believe cameras themselves have lights that the AI can turn on. Otherwise, why should the AI get to see better than his cameras can?

The lights basically suck all kinds of ass; also some airlocks have no coverage.

More cameras + select cameras that have NV near the exits (no idea if it's possible for the AI to piggyback off the special vision types of the cameras though) would be ideal.

The camera lights are half-broken and half-useless. Firstly - the function only turns on the lights you can actually see on your screen - if you go somewhere else, you have to double click to re-enable lights, which sometimes do not even turn on (Solars access come to mind). If you click too fast, the screen goes black and you have to reset your camera position (for instance by centering on your core).

Their current practical range is about 3 tiles - vastly shorter than the camera's actual viewing range in darkness. This means that the AI can't see doors or tiles and in order to interact with them it has to hover over the objects in question and basically work in a similar fashion to a blind person - by touch. Not a big problem in maintenance, but a huge problem if Brig is hit by greytide and you have to find the malfunctioning doors by hand.

This is highly annoying. I request that you boost the range of the lights.

Regarding Quarantine - the law is there mostly for the lulz; as AI you have little power over the crew in such cases, I propose no changes. Although for instance - the emergency airlock in Escape to the air tanks is out of camera coverage, so is the bar maintenance door in dorms. You may or may not want to fix it; personally I don't give a shit.

• 5 weeks later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use