Puzzles and Dragons

Earthdivine

FYrMp.jpg

What is Puzzles and Dragons?

Puzzle & Dragons, or PAD for short, is a Social, FREE Iphone and Android game from JAPAN in which you kill monsters, take their eggs, hatch the eggs and fuse them to other monsters, and then evolve those monsters by jamming seeds, plants and penguins down their throats. The main part of this game takes place on a Bejeweled-style board, but you can drag an orb to any location on the board while displacing other orbs to create huge combos.

This game also has some some pretty good art.

How does one play this game?

The game is VERY simple. Move an orb to make a match of three and you get a combo. Each orb match made is an additional combo that increases the teams damage and attaching more then three orbs together in one combo increases the damage of that color monster. A match of Green and Red, for instance will cause your Green and Red Monsters to attack, but not Blue ones, and additional combos enhance BOTH colors, but additional orbs on the match line only affect that color.

This game has a very big puzzle aspect to match dozens of combos to make damage, but this game is grueling later on. Monsters start to spawn in large groups of upwards of 7 monsters, some bosses get two turns instead of one, and they begin to get shields to force you to play in different fashions. Normally this would be a gigantic paywall for most other games, but Puzzles and Dragons is built around allowing the player to get VERY deep into the end game without spend a dime. There is In App Purchases, yes and it makes the game so much easier, but it's no where near required.

In addition, GungHo America puts on events nearly every day that give out gifts to the players every day they play, to the point you'll be better off counting the days that don't have an event. This is actually a good reason why I have made this thread promoting this today, there will be beginning a REALLY good event here soon that gives some very good monsters to the player.

GungHo also has collaborations with many different company's and as such you can get some pretty cool monsters every now and then when they revisit and bring them back, such as Batman,Evangelion, Fist of the North Star and even Hello Kitty

But now for a very public PSA about this game.

REROLL YOUR STARTER MONSTER IF IT'S NOT ON THIS LIST

Having a good starter monster will make this game FAR more enjoyable to go through compared to getting a subclass monster. The people who make this list update it every update so it is always the best source of the best starting gods. I cannot stress this enough how much things are easier to go through with a good starter. It's certainly possible to play without one, the decisions ultimately up to you.

The game has been out for a very long time, there are a lot of resources to help players.

You can even play with your friends by entering Friend Codes and enlisting them as friends, allowing you to use their leader monster as an ally to get through the game. You can find yours by going to the friend button > ID Search, like mine is 367,232,281.

This game is basically my addiction, so many ways to go through it and no way truly is the "best way" to go, and the distance you can go without paying a dime is staggering. When downloading on Android however I believe you need to take extra steps to get it, like downloading .apx packs or something. I can't help with that much as I am an Iphone player and never touched an Android.

• 3 weeks later...

Earth you dirty bastard. I am now addicted to this game. Rot in the deepest pits of hell.

Only since your down here with me.

Now that I got to care about this thread, updating the OP with some better explanation of the game and this!

What is a Godfest?

A Godfest is the best words in the game to see, as it means that select Rare Egg Machine monsters now have a x3 chance of being pulled. While exact chances of pulling monsters is unknown, increasing it by x3 REALLY helps pulling them, so I assume they have a 30%~ chance during a godfest. This is THE best time to make any pulls, and it is highly recommended checking Puzzles&DragonsX often during events to see if any are queued up.

That said, this godfest is Egyptians and Angels with the REM Exclusives on the side.

Egyptians are GREAT monsters. Each one is a fantastic leader that will carry you all the way to the end game and beyond and they are only getting better with their new Evolutions coming out. That said, Egyptians are also some of the hardest leaders to use for newcomers but teach you to have better mechanics and better awareness of the board then most monsters. I would highly recommend trying to get one of these guys.

Angels I don't have an opinion on since they have only just came out 4 days ago, but they all seem to have great active abilities so having one would help with team build up.

The REM Exclusives are present in ever godfest and are ONLY able to be pulled during one. All of them are great for both team subs AND leaders, and getting one generally is a great boon to your monster box.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use