sword stickiness

johannhawk

some items other than bullets get stuck in you so i propose this.

add a verb to toggle if you want to intentionally stick things into people or not, with varying amount of RNG depending on the setting you put it on.

so we can avoid situation like these:

vox with a knife is killing this other tajaran for some reason

vox loses knife by accidentally (RNG did it) sticking the knife into tajaran

now the tajaran can pull the knife out of himself and thus have the advantage over vox (kinda)

vox gets murderboned and spessed by the tajaran.

simple enough. TIME TO SLEEP!

Already have this, I believe it's Object tab to tear things out of you

after having slept imma go clarify this.

i was talking about being able to toggle something to stick things intentionally into people or try to not stick things into people and just hit them with the thing.

I changed this ages ago. Only thrown items or projectiles will ever stick in wounds. Likewise, only weapons being used as melee weapons will dismember. Neither projectile weapons nor thrown weapons can remove limbs.

For example:

If you were to throw a hatchet at somebody, it would have a change of sticking in whatever horrible flesh wound you just created by throwing said hatchet at them, but it would not, under any circumstances, remove limbs.

Likewise, if you were to run up and whack somebody in the head with said hatchet, they would likely lose their head after a few solid swings, but the hatchet would, under no circumstances, stick in the wound.

Also, with this system bullets don't dismember. Because bullets shooting off someone's head is no fun.

I changed this ages ago. Only thrown items or projectiles will ever stick in wounds. Likewise, only weapons being used as melee weapons will dismember. Neither projectile weapons nor thrown weapons can remove limbs.

For example:

If you were to throw a hatchet at somebody, it would have a change of sticking in whatever horrible flesh wound you just created by throwing said hatchet at them, but it would not, under any circumstances, remove limbs.

Likewise, if you were to run up and whack somebody in the head with said hatchet, they would likely lose their head after a few solid swings, but the hatchet would, under no circumstances, stick in the wound.

Also, with this system bullets don't dismember. Because bullets shooting off someone's head is no fun.

And thats a great change.

Fox McCloud throws the syringe.

McGrieferface is hit by the syringe!

The syringe sticks in the wound!

I sometimes wonder if embedding should be limited to bullets only, as syringes and glass shards sticking in wounds is rather...silly.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use