Kluys Complaint

Hoot

Admin Key: Kluys

Complaint: Occurred: 09/02/2015

Today, I spawned in as Atmos, and immediately given Antag. Got my objectives:

1. Steal a Defib

2. Kill the CMO

3. (5 minutes later) Help free the Chaplain from Security.

With the round already an hour, I had to make fast to complete all these objectives. I went into Medbay, tried to lure the CMO to the surgery room, but she didn’t bite, we were both alone, so I had to take the opportune moment and blew her up. I quickly ran with the head, got suited up for EVA to go get the Chaplain. On my way to EVA, I was breaking a window, when Tichita, Cargo Tech, (And Confirmed Antag by Kluys) is wandering, I think nothing on it, as I work in darkness. Shortly afterwards, I get blown up. Tichita put down C4 not far from me, which then blew up the welder fuel contained blowing me up. I was the only individual to die in the bomb, and I was not a target as A. I spawned in late, and B. Kluys half-confirmed/they did not incur that it was “legit” which makes me assume they didn’t have the “kill everyone” objective.

I messaged Kluys, and this was our little convo, unfortunately the first bit is gone due to a lots of logs, but it was irrelevant.

Player Complaint from-Game AdminKluys: yes, and they obviously were an antag so they can kill

Player Complaint to-Kluys: 6. Play Antags Responsibly

Player Complaint from-Game AdminKluys: thats for when someone releases the singularity

Player Complaint to-Kluys: Rule 6 only applies to the Singulo?

Player Complaint from-Game AdminKluys: well to be fair, you killed 5 non targets yesterday through polysmoke*

Player Complaint to-Kluys: Erm security who attack a rev are allowed....

Player Complaint from-Game AdminKluys: 2 of them were other revs

Player Complaint to-Kluys: I was told this by you I believe when I questioned it one week ago.,

Player Complaint to-Kluys: Can I get names?

Player Complaint from-Game AdminKluys: do you really think i remember names from yesterday after playing an entire day

Player Complaint to-Kluys: You seem to remember what I did. The fact is, they broke rule 6.

Player Complaint from-Game AdminKluys: look, its one kill, the station is intact for others to use, the sing is in its place, the station isnt filled with plasma its NOT a rule 6 break

Player Complaint to-Kluys: Keep to your objectives, they’re there for a reason. Being an antag is NOT a license to murder whomever you please - unless your objective is to kill whomever you please.

Player Complaint to-Kluys: Not a licence to kill

Player Complaint from-Game AdminKluys: Even or perhaps especially your victims.

Player Complaint from-Game AdminKluys: and yet you kill everyone through quick smoke or explosions withouth giving them any sort of rp behind it**

Player Complaint from-Game AdminKluys: dont attempt to use the law against someone if you break it yourself, im NOT banning for this***

Player Complaint to-Kluys: I killed my targets, there is little RP required to kill here. But you dont just Welderbomb someone who has nothing to do with you

Player Complaint from-Game AdminKluys: the rule says to make it interesting ESPECIALLY for the targets

Player Complaint from-Game AdminKluys: he doesnt, and you dont

Player Complaint from-Game AdminKluys: you broke the rule, he did as well

Player Complaint to-Kluys: I joined late, I doubt I was.

Player Complaint to-Kluys: You dont just C4 every tom dick and harry. My Polyacid grenades kills on non-rev were either on security who were threats or accidentals which I dont recall****

Player Complaint from-Game AdminKluys: and you werent banned for those extra kills were you?*****

*. When I questioned Kluys on this it was in retort to yesterday’s Antagonist round. In this round, I was made a rev, and had to make fast to kill the heads – so I employed Poly acid smoke grenades to help me. I killed the CMO (Non Grenade), the HOS (Spacing) and the HOP (Grenade). Furthermore, I with other revs had to kill two security officers who tried to take us down. Kluys insists I killed 5 non-targets, but when I asked for more information, he couldn’t remember. Although I only remember 2 security dying at the hands of like 5 – 6 revs and one man who was trapped in a bullet casing who died due to someone remoting my grenade off. He then later insisted that two of the targets I killed were infact revs, but I don’t recall which ones, as I only successfully used the poly acid to kill on the HOP and I only remember him dying in it – correct me if I am wrong – if I did kill two revs, it should have been brought up then, and I would have happily dealt with the scenario. Furthermore, this point is irrelevant to the situation at hands – it’s about me being griefed, I would prefer he not try to turn the ball in the court.

**. Only killed the HOP through smoke. “Everyone” is a large over-statement. Furthermore, why give us grenades and bombs if you don’t want them used?

***. I was unaware I broke any bombs whilst throwing my grenades, no one had ever questioned it before, and I do it regularly.

****. Never used poly acid to kill security.

*****. Only killed 2 security with 5-6 other Revs who were trying to kill us, which was legit in the scenario.

Overall, Kluys has shown his failure to disregard/not understand the rules.

This is seen when “Player Complaint to-Kluys: 6. Play Antags Responsibly

Player Complaint from-Game AdminKluys: thats for when someone releases the singularity”.

This is slightly worrying from mine and a players perspective.

Further to this, Kluys did slate my Non-RP antagonistic ways, and ok, I accept, I may not be the best roleplayer, but I thought I was fine, I was never talked too about them before, and as I said, I was happy to accept feedback, which Kluys refused to give. So please give me feedback on how to improve my Antag RP? I will improve, if I am told I need to improve!!!

Furthermore, a little later on (I couldn’t get the logs), Kluys did mention that he had been on all day, and was still mad from an earlier incident – I am not saying this affects his judgement – it’s just that I worry for Kluys, as he spends a lot of time being an admin for the server – which I am grateful for – I suggest he takes some time of SS13 after a bad situation to de-stress, rather than saunter on in a bad mood.

Further to this, when I first got blown up, in a heated state I did blurt “Which idiot griefed me?”, as it was grief plain and simple – I was no target (unless proven otherwise). Kluys then started to call me an idiot over adminpm, ( I couldn’t get this due to large logs), which I think is unprofessional after only 2-3 messages he calls me an idiot for not seeing the C4, that was hidden behind a wall and I had no light.

Thanks,

Hoot.

You said some idiot blew me up and yes i did reply some "some idiot didn't notice someone planting c4 next too him".

I might have a weird sense of humor but I think you can see what I meant here

the only other time I used said word was when attempting too explain the difrence between what you said "idiot" IE someone doing something dumb and "antag" IE someone who blows up something with a reason.

And if my judgement was really clouded I would have probably banned the guy already since I noticed what he was doing before this issue (ssetting a c4 off on a pipe near research withouth people nearby)

Im not going to defend myself about the rest of this post simply because I feel like I shouldnt have to defend myself for not punishing someone who has technically broken a rule (In a very minor way)

He only killed a single person and he didnt release the sing or flood the station with plasma or things like that.

From what I see here, and a quick scan of logs, the intent of the antagonist here was not to kill you, but to get the shuttle called. You were in the wrong place at the wrong time, sadly. But I see nothing to indicate he was trying to C4 "every tom dick and harry".