ZomgPonies isn't doing his job right

MaxAtttackz

Admin Key: ZomgPonies

Complaint: For the second time in less than a week he has permabanned me without question. I feel that the person should be talked to at least before they are PERMABANNED. I swear to god he just bans you so you appeal and he can laugh at you and make the server "Better" because the "Griefers" are gone.

Adorable.

You have -just- been unbanned after going on a rampage with a kitchen knife as a non-antag.

Then you get caught today abusing the karma system sending karma to your RL friend.

THEN you go and blow up all the other drones as a drone, resulting in your newest permban.

I take all unban requests seriously. This complaint though? Haha!

This isn't really my place to say this, but I do feel that refusing to remove the IP ban on Skypatrol was unfair.

Sure, your ckey is your responsibility. That is your personal login.

IPs can be shared. What about people who live in shared accommodation?

You are punishing someone for wanting to show a game they found to a friend, and did so in person. His friend turned out to be not the sort of person for the server, and is a bit salty, as shown by this admin complaint. Constantly looking over your friend's shoulder to check that they aren't doing anything they shouldn't be doing is a bit meta. Can you say that he deserves punishment for bringing people who wouldn't be suited to the ss13 playstyle? Possibly, but removing someone from the server for the actions of their friend seems excessive and heavy-handed.

Skypatrol deserves the Karma ban he got, but does not deserve a permaban for someone else's actions on his IP.

Heavy handed banning is a very effective way of getting Paradise a worse reputation.

And frankly, Maxattackz has pretty much blown any future chances he should get by putting, and I quote "HEIL ZOMGPONIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" at the end of his appeal. But my point still stands.

I based that decision on our past decisions not to unban players who blamed their (sibling, pet, significan other) for getting their IP banned, nothing more.

• 2 weeks later...