Morgue Tray Sprites

Streaky Haddock

I'm about to make a suggestion to allow people to sort of change the sprite of morgue trays at will. Sort of like air canisters.

Idea being:

Pending Autopsy: Morgue Tray is Orange or Yellow or some other kind of 'pending' colour.

Do Not Clone: Morgue Tray is a dark red. Usually to mark executed traitors or the like.

Clone When Green: Morgue Tray is Green. This is usually for Coroners who suspect that a certain body might resume brain activity later on, and don't want to get rid of the body JUST yet.

Dispose of Body: Regular Morgue Tray Sprite.

I would also like the red/orange/green lights on the Morgue Trays to be more prominent, and easily noticed.

I would also like it to be clear when a Morgue Tray has been labelled, like with body bags. Since Morgue Trays have no label sprite at the moment.

When this is done, I'll post it in the suggestions thread. Which means it may or may not get through, so if you want to sprite these things, do it cause you want to, not because I'm telling you to. I don't actually have authority over the coders :P

If I'm correct, the current morgue tray light colours are based on the state of the occupants. red being dead and no ghost (uncloneable) yellow being no body inside, only objects, and green being dead with a ghost (can be cloned).

I personally like this method, but would only suggest one update, that dead bodies show green if the owner is both a) connected and b) ghosted from their body. So it would turn red if they couldn't return to it for scanning e.g. respawned as a ERT or a npc.

Hm. My idea was that the morgue tray itself would be recolourable with the lights an independant colour to show that someone had set it manually. Like if you saw someone in a Red Morgue Tray with a Green light, you'd know that you CAN clone the guy inside but you shouldn't.

That said, if those sprites could be implemented to replace the current ones, it'd make the green lights a hell of a lot more noticable. Even without my suggestion.

In addition, it'd be nice if there were other qualifiers for a green light. For example, not a slimeperson or Vox (who can't be cloned), not a suicide, etc.

In addition, it'd be nice if there were other qualifiers for a green light. For example, not a slimeperson or Vox (who can't be cloned), not a suicide, etc.

I am not convinced by manual lights, but I'd like this one thing to make it into the game. Checking suiciders every 5 minutes or so because the light is green - is annoying.

28b7fxl.png

This is an ugly, quick concept sketch to illustrate what i am trying to say.

Given from Bone, Plotron and Flagbearer's reactions: I AM NOT TALKING ABOUT THE MORGUE TRAY LIGHTS.

Whilst I do like them being more visible as shown by Flagbearer's new sprites, this is what I'm requesting.

New Morgue Tray skins. Medical and Security Jobs will be able to modify these trays to reflect the legal or medical status of the corpse it holds.

DO NOT CLONE (Red) will typically be reserved for shitbags and antags. Security will likely request this status so the body can be held.

The lights will still function exactly the same on all of these skins. All the trays will have lights. Whereas the lights will tell you whether you CAN clone somebody or not, the tray's "skin" will tell you whether you SHOULD or not.

Pending Autopsy (Yellow) would indicate to Medical and the Chaplain/Chef that a corpse should NOT be taken or disposed of because it has yet to be autopsied.

Store (Green) means that the body either remains of value or interest after autopsy. Typically for people who have died and may want or be able to be cloned or revived later on.

Dispose (Regular Morgue Tray sprite) indicates to the Chaplain that Medical wants the body(s) within gone.

Obviously it's up to the spriter to make this shitty little concept i've drawn look aesthetically pleasing and include the appropriate semiotics to get information across quickly with just a glance.

What I laid out wasn't a design. I'm not expecting those exact colors and that exact pattern. All I want are very easily identifiable tags to indicate the status of the body within, as well as the lights made more visible.

I agree that lots of primary colors would look awful,a la your painting of the morgue, but I would still like to communicate to people via the morgue.

Now I see.

Well, I can agree with that. Maybe even an additional sprite for "Dispose of this body if you can" like for cloned people or viral outbreak victims.

I am just afraid that this will take too much micromanagment and in the end morgue trays will become mislabeled. This requires a competent coroner to work.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use