More Bots for robotics to build

Qinetix

So far with the AI's ability to control bots and the fact that we have reintroduced patrol routines for bots, we should have more types, while brainstorming with Mrs Dobbins we've came up with more possible bot types, or remembered of other bot types from other servers. We should also add more PDA control to departments, like janitor being able to order around janitorial bots, engineering to call in floor tile bots and many other if introduced , or medical to order around medical bots, like summon them or change their behaviour via PDA.

Mining Bot - Mines rock.. obviously, just does it autonomously until there is nothing left in the area, it will need someone to pick up the remains tough, can be ordered around by miners and QM

Fire Extinguisher Bot - Patrols the station, responds to fire with a fire extinguisher, can be ordered around by engineering and atmos via their PDA

Riot Control Bot - Either a bot that AOE flashes everyone confusing them if they are wanted , or releases tear gas at 3 minute intervals, can be ordered around by Security via PDA, does that on wanted personel

Camera Bot - Patrols maintenance and the main hallways, gives vision to the AI, not sure if it should be ordered by anyone tough, could make the AI OP

Sermon Bot - Spews up whathevers written on a paper that is inserted into it, could be used for announcements or other stuff

Clerical Resuply Bot - Resuplies photocopiers, paperbins and so on , it patrols the station looking for whathever it needs to resuply

Hydroponics Bot- Waters plants , can be configured to harvest as well. Ordered around by Scientists and Botanists

Pet Bot - People can respawn as these and only be able to open doors and speak in their own crazy language.. much like pets... , because respawning as a pAI actually requires you to do something for someone and you might not want that

Honk Bot - Self explanatory , gives the clown a bot that honks.... ordered around by the clown... he will have to sacrifice his bike horn tough

Also give the crew a way to program how the bots should patrol, might be useful , but I honestly wouldn't really see how is it needed.

Maybe as Mrs Dobbins suggested, give the roboticist a chore of recharging bots ( because obviously it becomes kind of annoying to see them move around without discharging a bit, borgs and mechs have to do it, why bots shouldn't).

Please share your bot ideas if you agree.. or not, I don't care, Robotics is as monotone as it is already, we should atleast try and spice it up a little.

We could also have a new control console, given to the RD , that allows it to send bots to certain parts of the station.

Obviously emagging them would have... a positive thing for the traitor to profit off.

Edited by Guest

Plus the roboticst should probably have a cartridge that gives them all notifications which the bots give (aside from secbots) and allows for them to order the bots around- The first thing I normally do as roboticist is get research outpost access to make tons of tricord. Being able to order medibots back to you for refilling would be awesome. Discobots that play fitting music and dance would be cool too

So many of these are so handy and I'm shocked these aren't already in the game. None of these seem OP or completely useless ether, maybe the paper one but I could still see it being built.

As for the bots needing to be recharged... I'm not sure, unless they do it automatically, as long as there is a charge station so robotics won't need to worry other wise it would get annoying to have too replace their battery all the time, especially if you make a load of them and not just 2 medbots like we do now.

There's already a mining bot, it's just not in-game yet--we used TG mining at one point on Para, but it got overwritten, sadly, by Bay's inferior mining update which meant a lot of the fun aspects of mining were removed (loot, goodies, tools, etc).

There was a hydroponics bot, but it caused runtimes out the butt and was so much of an issue to work with it was cut.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use