Kluys complaint.

Prinny

Admin Key: Kluys.

Complaint: [Following complaint was ripped off me talking to a girl on Skype. I removed the timestamps, however.]

Okay. So lets get this started. It first started when I found out in a round we could put items on empty plates.

I swear to god I made the biggest plate of stacked foods i've ever seen.

Walking around the station, due to me being an assistant. (Civilian, whatever. >.<) I come across the CE's helmet.

Oh, fancy. I take it and put it on

Walk around, I come up to a Graham Morgan, being spamstunned by Beepsky. I feed him the rest of my giant dish that i've been feeding people and pick up his PDA

I try to drag him away from Beepsky so he'll stop being spamstunned

Then Cripty comes up to me yelling for me to pass over the helmet.

I tried to put the janitors PDA in my bag quickly, so I can't be pushed over or something that I was expecting to happen and I put it on the plate. Accidentally. It wasn't on purpose, i really didn't mean that. I wasn't trying to be a shit.

At this point, Cripty is yelling at me so I decide I'll be a dick

put the CE's helmet on the plate with the dudes PDA and I give it to him saying "Still want it?" as a joke.

A joke. I didn't think Kluys would be so angry about it. IRL, that is.

Cripty proceeds to break my skull by punching me in the head a couple of times

That i'm okay with, it was only a couple of hits.

I tell security to arrest him after he broke my skull, then walk to medical.

Next minute I get this:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

PM from-Game AdminKluys: stop putting items onto plate to be an ass

PM to-Kluys: Um.

PM from-Game AdminKluys: you did it to me and now im getting messages from other players saying that you did it too their pda as well

PM to-Kluys: Er, it was the guy right next to us

--------------

(I meant the guys PDA that i put on the plate was the janitor, next to us.)

--------------

PM from-Game AdminKluys: not it wasnt

PM from-Game AdminKluys: you put it on a plate then told ME still want it

PM to-Kluys: No, it was. The janitor. It was his PDA.

--------------

(Reading over these I realised that he thinks I'm saying the janitor put it on the plate, not me. I was just trying to say that it was the janitors PDA.)

--------------

PM to-Kluys: A- Kluys thats an IC issue

PM from-Game AdminKluys: it isnt, you're abusing the fact that you cannot empty plates

--------------

(This I didn't know. Actually. I had only been putting items on plates, I havn't even tried to take anything off. I was thinking it would of been like a janitors bag, but I had so many items on my previous plate to even want to try.)

-------------

PM to-Kluys: Dude don't get angry at me over it OOCly, I did it twice

PM to-Kluys: Dude c'mon, cut me some slack it was only twice

PM to-Kluys: No need to threaten me with bans over it

PM from-Game AdminKluys: you are abusing a bug and now im TELLING you that you should STOP doing it unless you want to be banned

PM to-Kluys: A- Dude i'm sorry. I put two items on a plate in a second without thinking and now you're yelling at me. ._.

PM to-Kluys: I didn't know you couldn't remove things from plates i've never tried

PM from-Game AdminKluys: you bloody well did

PM to-Kluys: Sorry?

PM from-Game AdminKluys: why else would you say "still want it"

PM to-Kluys: A- I was trying to be funny, as in if you wanted to eat it or something, dude.. Sorry

PM from-Game AdminKluys: keep messaging for forgiveness, do it again and you're banned and this conversation is over at that point you know what you did and now youre getting messages about it

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So, I put two items on a plate. One accidental, and according to Kluys it wasn't, and one on purpose. I didn't know you couldn't remove items from plates, and yet all I was greeted with was hostility and ban threats.

I tried to apologize and then I was given another ban threat.

I don't like complaining about admins, but the hostility that I got over these PM's was uneeded and obviously biased. He wasn't listening to my opions, he wasn't letting me apologize. He went out and said he was going to ban me straight away.

I'm thinking he said that because I did it to him.

He was uneededly harsh, he didn't need to call me an ass, he didn't need to threaten someone and immediately assume they knew EVERYTHING about what they where doing.

[Just found out Cripty is Kluys character.]

I informed him I might of been reporting him about his behavior near the end of the round.

PM from-Game AdminKluys: I act nice to people until they start lieing to me

Because Kluys is always correct and always knows when people are lying. Totally.

[2:41:08 AM] Elizabeth: Huh

[2:41:13 AM] Prinny: Ikr

[2:41:13 AM] Prinny: xD

I said this in the admin chat as well and ill get the logs to say it again, you clearly knew what you were doing.

ill get it straight from the logs, right after you put the CE's advanced hardsuit helmet on the plate

[15:59:29]SAY: Prinnian : Still want it?

Anyone who doesn't know that you cannot remove items from plates withouth admin tools would NEVER say "still want it" and leave the plate with the pda and the CE's helmet on the floor.

the fact that you clearly knew what you were doing and the fact that I was at that point getting ahelps from another player about the same issue was making me quite angry indeed.

anyways it wasnt a threath it was a warning which you are currently making a thread about.

What I could have done instead (if I was really the asshole im portrayed to be by some).

Is send a simple message and ban you outright upon rule 8: "Don’t exploit glitches, OOC knowledge or knowledge of the game system to give your character advantages that they would not possess. These are all grounds for banning."

Posting the full log chat for completeness

[16:01:33] Player Complaint: Anxipal: “Prinnian's IC name” is putting essential items such as PDAs on plates so that the players are getting arrested - heard by 5 non-AFK admins.

[16:02:00] PM: Kluys/->Prinnian/: stop putting items onto plate to be an ass

[16:02:10] PM: Prinnian/->Kluys/: Um.

[16:02:20] PM: Kluys/->Prinnian/: you did it to me and now im getting messages from other players saying that you did it too their pda as well

[16:02:30] PM: Prinnian/->Kluys/: Er, it was the guy right next to us

[16:02:40] PM: Kluys/->Prinnian/: no it wasnt

[16:02:45] PM: Prinnian/->Kluys/: I literally put that on by accident, and then the helmet to troll you.

[16:02:54] PM: Kluys/->Prinnian/: you put it on a plate then told ME still want it

[16:02:58] PM: Prinnian/->Kluys/: No, it was. The janitor. It was his PDA.

[16:03:01] PM: Kluys/->Prinnian/: yea no, quit doing it if i see it again your banned

[16:03:13] PM: Prinnian/->Kluys/: A- Kluys thats an IC issue

[16:03:24] PM: Kluys/->Prinnian/: it isnt, you're abusing the fact that you cannot empty plates

[16:03:28] PM: Prinnian/->Kluys/: Dude don't get angry at me over it OOCly, I did it twice

[16:03:37] PM: Prinnian/->Kluys/: Dude cmon, cut me some slack it was only twice

[16:03:48] PM: Prinnian/->Kluys/: No need to threaten me with bans over it

[16:03:51] PM: Kluys/->Prinnian/: you are abusing a bug and now im TELLING you that you should STOP doing it unless you want to be banned

[16:04:12] PM: Prinnian/->Kluys/: A- Dude i’m sorry. I put two items on a plate in a second without thinking and now you’re yelling at me. ._.

[16:04:22] PM: Prinnian/->Kluys/: I didn't know you couldn’t remove things from plates i’ve never tried

[16:04:29] PM: Kluys/->Prinnian/: you bloody well did

[16:04:34] PM: Prinnian/->Kluys/: Sorry?

[16:04:39] PM: Kluys/->Prinnian/: why else would you say "still want it"

[16:04:59] PM: Prinnian/->Kluys/: A- I was trying to be funny, as in if you wanted to eat it or something, dude.. Sorry

[16:05:41] PM: Prinnian/->Kluys/: Look if I knew you where going to yell at me over this i wouldn't of done it, i really didn't think you where going to get so angry

[16:05:42] PM: Kluys/->Prinnian/: keep messaging for forgiveness, do it again and you're banned and this conversation is over at that point you know what you did and now youre getting messages about it

• 2 weeks later...

Kluys shouldn't even be handling a situation relating directly to himself.

Yet another example of unprofessional conduct.

He isn't handling it himself, he is explaining his side of the story, now stop posting in the complaint if you can't contribute

Yet another example of unprofessional conduct.

There is nothing unprofessional about providing his side of the story of providing logs.

PM from-Game AdminKluys: it isnt, you're abusing the fact that you cannot empty plates

PM to-Kluys: Dude don't get angry at me over it OOCly, I did it twice

PM to-Kluys: Dude c'mon, cut me some slack it was only twice

PM to-Kluys: No need to threaten me with bans over it

I see no threats of bans here.

PM from-Game AdminKluys: you are abusing a bug and now im TELLING you that you should STOP doing it unless you want to be banned

Here he is threatening a ban, and quite rightly. Having been told it's a bug, to continue to abuse it is banworthy.

I don't like complaining about admins, but the hostility that I got over these PM's was uneeded and obviously biased. He wasn't listening to my opions, he wasn't letting me apologize. He went out and said he was going to ban me straight away.

As I said, he didn't threaten you with a ban, until he made it clear that it was a bug and was not to be abused.

He was uneededly harsh, he didn't need to call me an ass, he didn't need to threaten someone and immediately assume they knew EVERYTHING about what they where doing.

To be quite honest with you - and you know I like you - you do act like an ass quite a bit. No offense intended - it takes one to know one.

It can be quite funny, and I personally don't think you'd abuse a bug to do so. I've infact laughed myself silly over your antics many a time. They toe the line, and if you step over the line, you're very quick to apologise.

You admit yourself you put the helmet on the plate to troll him.

Congratulations! You successfully trolled him, irritating him.

PM from-Game AdminKluys: I act nice to people until they start lieing to me

Because Kluys is always correct and always knows when people are lying. Totally.

From Kluys view - biased due to the nature of the adminhelps he got, which seemed to imply you were doing it on purpose, I can see why he thinks you were lying.

--------

I'm not sure as to the exact nature of the complaint - I'm sure you agree that Admins are within their rights to threaten people with bans for not following the rules.

All that happened here was a few pms to tell you not to do something - no punishment, not even a note on your account.

I'll have to conclude then it's about the method and tone in which you were messaged. In this case, I could see the offense you could take to being told to stop doing things to be an ass...

But you were doing it to troll people and be an ass.

I do agree that Kluys was not 100% perfect in his tone there, and is an area where there is room for improvement. I'd be hypocritical though to not say I've been pretty short with players myself - especially when I think they're lying to me.

I don't see this requiring any action beyond taking this as a recommendation for an area Kluys needs to work on. I've been doing staff reviews as it is over the past week or so, and will take this on board.

I will admit that I've had some issues with a short temper at that time due to some personal things that although not impeding my judgement were sort of bugging me from a distance, I do apolagize for that and I'll try to act better next time.

I didn't really see this as losing your temper at him, Prinny may feel different however.

Thanks for addressing and apologizing none the less. Prinny - if you feel the apology is sufficient and accept it, please let us know, and let me know if there are any further issues.

I didn't really see this as losing your temper at him, Prinny may feel different however.

Thanks for addressing and apologizing none the less. Prinny - if you feel the apology is sufficient and accept it, please let us know, and let me know if there are any further issues.

T'is all good. Yo'.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use