New Job: Security Dispatch/Desk Clerk

Streaky Haddock

Position: Civilian, Security aligned.

Reports to: The Warden

Map Changes: None needed, except maybe a locker at the Security Desk

Items: Security Officers Uniform (not jumpsuit), flash, clipboard, black and red pen.

Difficulty: Easy/Medium

Intensity: Varies

Accesses: Brig, Prison, Security. Optionally, they may have medical access so they can use the laptop's crew monitoring program.

Description: Your role as the Security Dispatch/Desk Clerk is to help the Warden maintain accurate and up-to-date files on people of interest, arrests, executions and emergencies. They will listen to radio and look for calls for help, and use the camera monitors to alert Security to alerts, as well as keep tabs of everyone's location. During slower rounds this job may be paaaainfully boring, but during more intense rounds they will be very helpful to security. You will also liase with Internal Affairs, Medical, Engineering and Command where necessary.

They are Civilians, and cannot carry weapons or perform arrests. As Brig staff, they report to the Warden just like the Brig Doc.

Special Items: None, although I have toyed around with giving them a Captain's headset that has access to all the channels, I don't think that'd be necessary.

I do quite like the idea of sec having a tame paperpusher, but the warden's remit is to play dispatch, make sure the paperwork is in order and to give out guns. He needs a monitoring computer, but other than that, I fail to see what giving sec a paperwork writer and dispatch monitor would achieve

Think of it like the HoP, he is there to do all the little basic things (paperwork, IDs, ect) so the Captain can do his job: Commanding.

The Warden is effectively like the HoP, but even then he still gets overwhelmed. Having a lackey for the lackey would be great.

Having spoken with Dave, Scrat and Malkaz? (It was in Skype, so) Paradise is trying to move away from splitting jobs into micro-jobs even further (i.e IA into NT Rep) which is something I agree with, as well as that basing decisions on 90 pop rounds is a bad idea. Another thing that I can't really fault.

SO. MORE HOLISTIC MEASURES TO ENCOURAGE RECORD UPDATING THEN.

• 1 month later...

im all for a desk clerk.

in one particular round, we had detained a bunch of nudists and security kept bursting in to be dickwads.

hos was too busy being robust or cool or dicking off or something to notice the shit that officers were doing to incite them to continue to break the god damn temp cell

it would have been way easier to let my desk clerk handle all the arrests while i went to go discipline the shitcurity guys or tell them to go do their god damn job

just my two cents

this shit happens a lot, and its especially turrible when you have a bunch of prisoners dealing with shitcurity and shitcurity being shit while youre interrogating.

i just wanna fuckin do my job calmly, get me a desk clerk!

Pick Warden then.

Also, saying "shit" and "security" and "shitcurity" over five times doesn't really convince anyone that this is a good idea.

In fact if anything it makes me figure that you want nothing to do with security/have no experience even playing as security and want a custom job role added in that's "right for you".

There's already a desk clerk, and he's called the Warden. Or, you can always pick Brig Physician.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use