Corporate policy

Kluys

So we have space law in place for our security force to use

I suggest switching to corporate policy, This because space law as it stands allows for security to stack sentences up to weird long ones (45 minutes for a few petty crimes)

Corporate policy (courtesey of Hairy voodoo, Necaladun and Me) Is mostly the same with a few adjustments.

Firstly there is the name which although I didn't come up with it seems much more like something nanotrasen would set up aboard their stations.

Secondly there are a few change law wise

a full transcript of the wikicode can be found here

http://pastebin.com/ARkML3bf

there are maximum total sentences on petty and medium crimes which also led to a change in repeated offenses.

A very basic summary of this is that a criminal that only has minor crimes on their record can only be incarcerated for 15 minutes total.

Medium crimes have similair rules but a higher maximum sentence of 30 minutes total.

repeated offenses can be treated as breaking a law of the crime level above the repeated offenses commited, Therefor someone who commits multiple minor crimes after being brigged before can get a maximum stacked sentence of 30 minutes even though they only comitted minor crimes.

Other changes

furthermore law 116 "failure to follow security protocol" has been added

as well as law 308 '''unauthorized or unlawfull execution'''

These two laws would allow for security members to detain eachoter when shitcurity happens

lastly there was a rework of law 113 and a slight rewrite of the intro.

I have tested the maximum sentence thing for a round today as HoS and it seems that it does pretty well at keeping both security players and players who get incarcerated happy

I like everything here except the law 116. I'd be very careful about that.

I can see really scary Head of Security's abusing this, or an officer getting upset at another officer and arresting them for this.

If written correctly, though, it could be a very good tool in getting rid of shitsec.

I don't feel really happy with law 116. It would make me not trust my fellow sec members anymore when playing a security role as they can abuse it to get revenge on me for something. It will also ruin the buddy feeling in security as I can no longer trust them anymore. Same goes that the HoS can use thus as a excuse to just jail sec members he does not like.

Still suffers from another big issue with bay spess law: Stupid charges that mean an officer can brig you over almost anything.

Such as 105 (should just be "To be intentionally and publicly unclothed.")

ect....

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use