Baxter's Guide to Atmospherics

TullyBBurnalot

I am not a fan of the default cooling of waste air below 20C, if you think that through you would eventually end up with to cold Nitrogen or Oxygen tanks. Of course this will never happen because of the retarded huge amount of oxygen and nitrogen in the tanks, but if i care enough to not just vent into space then i should not just default supercool all waste air.

I personally think the best way to go about is it storing the waste air somewhere in a buffer and have another supply of supercooled nitrogen or CO2 ready to inject it into the waste air to cool it. So you can periodicly come into atmos and check your waste air buffer, if it's 20C you direct it into the filters or if the temerature is off you cool or heat it before pushing it thorugh the filters. None of the solutions are perfect right now, but when the Pull Request for the programmable atmos pipes will get merged, then you can do a whole lot of cool stuff.

• 5 months later...

"I've been tinkering and tinkering, and the design now is far simpler."

Oh thank you Lord

Never done atmos or engineering but I've been wanting to get right into it-- and that right there made it SOOO much more alluring.

Looking at a loop like what used to be pictured straight off as a noobie is intimidating and confusing as heck lmao

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use