A rude interruption.

ApolloXIII

Admin Key: Fox P McCloud

Complaint: Fox and I recently discussed my actions as of last night (the 6th of December to keep the timeline balanced for anyone reading.) with the release of a virus that had gibbingtons as a symptom.

This post has nothing to do with my punishment, I will serve my time as it is only right.

I am vexed by the way in which fox, and I use this term lightly, "finished" our discussion. He made a statement on how my actions were extreme and should not have been carried out that way. I began typing a response to his statement when I was abruptly hit with the "Hey you are banned for XXXX" pop-up, preventing me from both sending my message and finishing my train of thought.

Some people may view this as a very lame complaint, however I'd like to share my experience with a separate admin over an entirely different matter.

After an unfortunate incident of a HoS and CE launching themselves through a wormhole I had projected and the round restarting I called up an admin to discuss my behavior and decide on a punishment. The admin was FalseIncarnate if my memory serves. We very civilly hashed out what happened, why it was done, how to have done it better, and what to avoid in the future, there was no "Hey this is wrong, you are wrong in this, do you see that you are wrong?" which was the feeling I got off the conversation with Fox.

After we hashed out every detail we could, False said to me "Alright well looking at your record here, my experience playing with you in the past, and the fact that this was a mistake on multiple parties fault I'm going to let you off this time with a warning. In the future please don't build a wormhole generator unless it has a purpose for gameplay such as spacing Xenos" (basic idea of what he said to me)

I think that False showed a more level head, and professional attitude about the situation. We sat down, neither showed aggression, and we asked questions if either of us didn't understand something that was said. When we were done he told me what my punishment was ahead of giving it, and made suggestions on how to improve gameplay for both myself and the server. In contrast, Fox took words of mine out of context for his ban report, didn't go into any details rather than a "Okay so you admit you really screwed up? Good.", and not once said what my punishment was or could be.

Now allow me to provide my claims to the usage of words out of context.

Ban report is as follows:" After dealingw ith shitcurity, deliberately infected two people with a virus as a means of "sel-defense" ended up infecting the vast majority of the crew and killing quite a number of them. Justified behavior as "matyrdom" and because he didn't get an admin reply right away. "

Please excuse grammar, this is a copy/paste.

Self-Defense: I said I was carrying my virus in a contained beaker as self defense in case I was attacked by security again for my researching in virology since they had attacked me once over isolating various symptoms and leaving them on disks.

Martyrdom: I explicitly stated I brought two versions of the virus with one difference: stage 4. In one it was gibbingtons, the other cerebral liquification, with the intent on loosing the cerebral liquification variant since from what I was told it was just a way to make people dumb in game. I had the gibbingtons so if I was being brutalized in a contained location I could release a violent variation upon my torturers as retribution, and since gibbingtons is very lethal, I could martyr myself for the injustice I felt I had endured.

Shitcurity: Just want it on the record I never called them that.

Intentional infection: Shuttle was approximately 4-6 minutes out, monkeys did a terrible job of showing symptom progression, I thought there was time to infect and only those infected immediately would reach last stage, not everyone. I took out one of my beakers, which I by fault of my own I did not label, and injected myself in maintenance outside Security. I went into the security lobby, and yes, I infected up to 2 people there, however one may well have been an IPC which is immune to the disease. From that point on Kei'Shen spent the rest of the round running around the station screaming over radio about being infected and spreading it everywhere possible, whereas I went back into my maintenance area and waited as symptoms progressed.

Admin Reply: At the time I believe and my details may be wrong, that there were 3 or so admins online. So naturally I was upset when I was being repeatedly beaten and peppersprayed in my cell because I was calling security out on breaking some procedures and my ahelps were never even responded to.

TL;DR: Fox cut me off before getting the complete story for what I ended up being banned for and took some of my words out of context, FalseIncarnate has a decent system for handling issues requiring admins to discuss things with players, I felt aggression on the part of fox over the issue at hand rather than the lack of bias one should take when handling this sort of situation.

Thank you for your time.

Intentional infection: Shuttle was approximately 4-6 minutes out, monkeys did a terrible job of showing symptom progression, I thought there was time to infect and only those infected immediately would reach last stage, not everyone. I took out one of my beakers, which I by fault of my own I did not label, and injected myself in maintenance outside Security. I went into the security lobby, and yes, I infected up to 2 people there, however one may well have been an IPC which is immune to the disease. From that point on Kei'Shen spent the rest of the round running around the station screaming over radio about being infected and spreading it everywhere possible, whereas I went back into my maintenance area and waited as symptoms progressed.

1. Yes, IPC's are immune.

2. I went to medbay to try to get it cured, as well as calling you out for it. I didn't run around like a maniac.

3. There was nothing out of context that could be taken. You got pissed off at security (Understandable, honestly, they were shit. Though this wasn't the appropriate response.), and decided to take it out on me and essentially the rest of the station. It ended up being me and three others mixing chemicals furiously to try to make the virus slow down. It also caused hallucinations and that pretty much prevented any cure or slowdown from being made, what with the constant falldowns. We all eventually exploded. What Fox did was just fine in this situation. Do shit, get hit.

First off, I apologize if I came across as hostile; it's not my intent.

Secondly, I'm sorry if it seemed as though I cut you off, but at that stage, I felt as though I had collected an adequate amount of information regarding the situation, and there really wasn't anything further that needed to be discussed on the matter at hand; you directly admitted that you infected/attempted to infect two crew members with a virus (via infecting yourself then hugging); this isn't an appropriate response even if it had been the lesser lethal one, as collateral damage can be enormous with viruses--this was definitely the case here and it was the lethal one--the entire escape shuttle was infected and a couple of people exploded on it--some died in chemistry; others died in the hallways. This wasn't even an accidental release of a virus that got a lot of people killed; this was an intentional release of a damaging virus, period (again, I fully acknowledge that one you utilized as accidental). All of this was discussed in addition to what led up to your actions---I additionally explained why your actions were incorrect and why.

At this point I applied the ban. Again, I'm sorry if it seemed like it was in hostility or "cutting you off"--I legitimately felt that you had fully explained your side and that I had fully explained mine.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use