Space Pods

Spacemanspark

Right, since this is a job I like quite a bit, and with the recent secbelt nerf that prevents you from carrying a taser inside your belt, I think it's time we actually got down and finally got this done with. It's already been discussed on other threads, and there are some pretty neat ideas for what we can do.

The first idea is to just finish the taser module for the sec pod pilot so it actually fires, maybe make it possible to somehow make a laser module as well. It could be made in Robotics, but would do less damage, maybe overheat/ stop working temporarily if used too much, and would have to pull energy from the pod to charge it again/ cool it down.

The second idea came from Sheakhan, and it is as follows:

Code like mechs, really big mechs. That'd add the extra awesome factor of being able to swap out weapons and such, and having a limited air supply (though still pretty sizeable).

Though similar, it would also have the limited air supply (Which would refill if you flew it into an area with oxygen, probably.), and perhaps we could have a mech like recharger for it as well, where you park it on the recharger and then wait a bit.

I believe the main issue is that our space pod code is incomplete either due to when we merged it being before the author finished, or by admin decision to comment out / remove code.

While I would love to see the space pods expanded upon, they currently aren't a high priority subject when it comes to fixes and development. That said, once I get a chance, I will gladly look into working on them. The mechanic rarely has a reason to build additional pods or ever tinker with them, largely due to the lack of upgrades. As a result, the sec pod pilot is somewhat under-utilized as few people venture into space to escape the law / commit crimes.

I'm sure this will require extensive discussion, testing, and tweaking, so please continue to offer up suggestions on the topic of Space Pods.

(Giant mechs in space probably won't happen, but the idea is cool.)

IIrc in relation to this, the security pod's weapons (and buildable pod weaponry) are disabled, because the pods are currently indestructable. Weapons were disabled (but may now be broken instead) because there was a lot of grief/abuse regarding this.

IIrc in relation to this, the security pod's weapons (and buildable pod weaponry) are disabled, because the pods are currently indestructable. Weapons were disabled (but may now be broken instead) because there was a lot of grief/abuse regarding this.

Nope, there is very much a damage system, I have seen nearly destroyed pods and there is a health meter.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use