Claws-B-gone

Basilisk132mm

Stole the idea from someone who mentioned this on the forum mini-chat, forgot who.

Anyways the idea:

->Get good-quality wirecutters.

->Aim either hand.

->Find some catbeast feline-like anthropomorphic specimen with the nails waaay too long.

->Make sure said specimen has no hardsuit protecting it's hands paws with gauntlets, sneak to it, and click it's sprite with no doubt or fear.

->"George Mellons snips Kitty's claws with the wirecutters!"

->Run for your life. Retreat with dignity to resume your previous tasks, not waiting to be thanked by the tajara for the free pedicure.

->Kitty's punches become regular human punches, and not the beheading behemoth-claw swings they usually have. Oh and they can also wear gloves normally, of course.

I KNOW YOU WANT THIS. IF YOU DONT KNOW WHY THEN GO TO THE BAR, FIND THE NEAREST TAJARA AND CALL HIM "KITTY" OR "CATBEAST" OR "WHISKERS", GOOD LUCK IN THE BARFIGHT. #BalanceTajaran2558

i don't even..

In case this is serious, it should take a few seconds and be resitable and they should "grow" back after x minutes.

Ah, no, do you realize how damned deadly their claws are?

I'm not sure, but i know they have something like 5-10 brute cutting damage per hit, can cause heavy bleeding, break bones, and they can even severe limbs and decapitate.

So yeah, a barfight with a tajara will almost always end badly for you, even if you are an ubertank kidan or a diona.

They deal 5 damage where as punches deal a random amount of 2-4, if I recall, correctly.

That said, the reason why claws are so powerful is because they have the sharp and edge vars both set to 1 (why they cause bleeding/decap so easily).

That said, since Dave's dismemberment rewrite, I don't believe claws can really decap anymore.

They can still break bones... which in all honestly, I'm fine with.

It's a great way of disabling hands without actually killing someone, like you would have to if it was an all out punch fight.

If they can't dismember completely, then I think we're good. Maybe remove the bleeding too.

I don't like the idea of cutting off claws because all it takes is Cy Roberts lubing the floors everywhere and then cutting off the claws on every Tajaran that flies through it. It'll create a horrible lynch mob every time it happens.

We need more ways of making other species mad that don't involve harming them, please. Hehehe.

Edited by Guest

i don't even..

In case this is serious, it should take a few seconds and be resitable and they should "grow" back after x minutes.

Ah, no, do you realize how damned deadly their claws are?

If they are really that bad, then they should be nerfed in general. The cutting of nails seems more like a gimmick (that definitely would fit into the crazy world of SS13).

I don't like the idea of cutting off claws because all it takes is Cy Roberts lubing the floors everywhere and then cutting off the claws on every Tajaran that flies through it. It'll create a horrible lynch mob every time it happens.

The closest to what you're describing was Cy Roberts using a chem sprayer filled with water in escape so that people would slide all over the place.

He'd never lube a thing!

On the topic: I like this idea. For instance using the wirecutters on harm intent could clip them immediately and deal some brute damage as a bonus.

The closest to what you're describing was Cy Roberts using a chem sprayer filled with water in escape so that people would slide all over the place.

He'd never lube a thing!

On the topic: I like this idea. For instance using the wirecutters on harm intent could clip them immediately and deal some brute damage as a bonus.

Cy does that all the time.

Anyways, no, seriously. We'd have assholes running around in groups so they could stun Tajaran and then clip them. The brute damage is just rubbing it in, too. If we actually add this, at least make it take time before they clip off.

I did originally support a nerf of the claws, but since they're really hard to decapitate someone with, thanks to DaveTheHeadcrab, I'm pretty ok with where they are. In theory, a well seasoned player that plays Tajaran with claws is actually LESS lethal with the claws than a human with punches. Why? They can aim for the hands and break the bones, therefore rendering the human/ whoever it is unable to fight, and the Tajaran can just walk away (Preferably after getting them medical assistance.) without causing further damage, whereas a human for example cannot have that luxury. They actually have to come pretty damn near close to killing the opponent if they don't want to be fully lethal in the first place.

See, the problem there is, it doesn't matter how much claws can be used for "good" there are still idiots that abuse them and kill people. They are VERY much OP in that case.

If people are slipping tarjanrjanrjanrjnajrnajnrjan to clip their claws, then that will fade after a while. Look at the abuse of dinona, thats just GONE now.

People who break the rules get banned. If something is OP when you consider it's potential for abuse, it's not OP. If it's OP when you compare it to other legitimate options in a legitimate context, then it should probably be looked at for balancing.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use