less puking for some.

johannhawk

have you ever seen a detective investigating a body just suddenly puke anywhere outside this game?

ever seen a coroner or somebody doing a autopsy puke from a dead dude outside this game?

what im saying the people handling bodies regularly in their job should not puke at all from dead people and get extra hungry from all that puking (maybe give them a emote for it)

or at least make it possible to puke down a disposal bin without breaking your bones.

I think if you're doing those jobs you should be wearing some form of mask anyway. Forensic teams (that includes the detective) wear hairnets and face masks to avoid contamination of the scene. Coroners also wear face masks to prevent the spread of disease. Maybe said classes should start out with basic forensic/ corpse handling gear.

What? So you can puke inside of your space helmet when you have to take off a sterile mask to survive the vacuum created by the same explosion that made the puke-worthy bodies in the first place?

Puking sucks right now, and should be either job dependent, or squeamishness should be an adjustable character trait in Character Setup.

An argument (which I disagree with) for why internals/suits don't stop vomiting is the sight.

My disagreement with this is that it's the smell that makes you gag, not the sight. I'd support allowing (on) internals but not an unpressurised suit preventing vomiting ONLY if the internals were on at, or shortly after, the initial contact with vomit. Feeling "like you are about to throw up" is too late to put your internals on, but "you smell something foul" should be alright to recover from with internals.

Given that the IC mechanics as to why you're puking is the smell and not the sight, I generally agree that a lot more things should block the puking:

-Gas mask (not even having internals on)

-having internals on

-Full space/bio/hardsuit

No sadly. I do wish atmos got a special gasmask that had SOME use.

I think every gas mask should have a passive benefits even when internals are off. Like 20 second protection against breathing bio toxin, after 20 seconds the bio toxin damages the filter and the filter needs to be changed or internals need to be on. Stuff like that.

I will actually make a new topic for that.

No sadly. I do wish atmos got a special gasmask that had SOME use.

Protects you from pepperspray/holy water/poly acid doesn't it?

Yes it does, but that would be true for every item that covers your face, it's not really a propperty of the gas mask. And i think it would only protect vs the hitting the eye part of the pepperspray, i don't think it a gas mask does currently prevent from the breathing in the pepper spray part. What should be exactly what a gas mask is designed for.

I suggest we take the gas mask discussion to my new topic and keep this topic about the puking from now on.

Should lit cigars/cigarettes/pipes/spleefs prevent puking as well, considering they'd drown out thesmell?

Nah, I'm not sure if their smell is strong enough to cover up the delicious smell of corpses.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use