Muteness

Czardoc

A disability allowing your play to be mute. If you have a severe mouth injury, this should effect you and make you mute, but can be healed (pending surgery).

Would likely go by your mouth being cut open, then just some advanced trauma kit, possibly a FixOVein.

Mute people will automatically know sign language. They'd also spawn with a box of paper for writing to people if their PDA broke, and maybe their own pen.

If possible, doctors and maybe heads will be able to understand sign language, but not communicate back.

This brings back the suggestion of people being able to select it as a sign language, but it should be selectable as a secondary language (a new menu for language selection), which includes sign language. This would also allow you to communicate back with a command, which could be anything (ex. :v, :j, :k, those type of commands).

This would allow mute people to communicate to doctors easier, to eachother and to deaf people as well (if the deaf can speak Sign).

Mechanics:

Mute/Deaf:

Whenever trying to say, it would come out as "John Doe signs, "I am John Doe."

People who don't speak Sign could simply read "John Doe signs."

Just speaking Sign, not mute or deaf:

Input hot key (For example, :k)

say :k I am Jane Doe.

It would come out as Jane Doe signs, "I am Jane Doe."

Not speakers read "Jane Doe signs".

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use