Should the server be listed again?

MarkvA

Should the server be listed again?  

38 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Reposting what I said in the previous thread.

Fox disagrees with us benefiting from being listed. From what I've gathered it is because of the lack of admins, and he would rather have few players than a lot going rampant when there are no admins online.

When it boils down to it Fox is the Head Admin in charge right now, that means he has the final say if the server stays unlisted or not.

While this might seem discouraging, I support everyone who wants to give their opinion on it to go ahed and share it, because personally I think this shouldn't be about personal preference, but what everyone wants as a whole.

I honestly believe the server should be relisted, at least on weekdays. The low pop may be more peaceful, but the tradeoff is that almost every vital job is understaffed or completely UNstaffed. I had a nuke ops round the other day and us Nukies won even after multiple fuckups that should have spelled our doom. We killed the three or so people that actually cared about stopping us, then dragged the blueshield to Surgery and took our time to search him, find the disc, then walk to the bomb and turn it on.

My point is... while insufficient admins may be an issue, the server's pop seems to be gradually dropping a bit and the crew is understaffed almost every single time.

Please yes.

Was a Vampire round earlier where there were 10 crew members. CMO and myself battled across the station, everyone fleeing but no Security team was even in place to do anything. Not to mention fact that I've seen Virologist's set up the Sing due to no Engineering team.

Sometimes the chaos that comes WITH Greytide allows the server to be more enjoyable. People get hurt, need fixing, need arresting, need harmbaton'ed... The list goes on, but right now we're playing on a Ghost Station.

Is THAT what happened in surgery?

and yeah, all of what scrat said.

Yeah, in a nutshell we dragged the Blueshield all the way to surgery and one Op carefully did cavity thing surgery because we figured the disk was surgically implanted. Once he was finishing up every area it could be hidden I found the disc in his black webbing vest.

With regards to the topic, this Ghoststation must indeed stop because the chaos is what makes the rounds worth playing.

I found the disc in his black webbing vest.

That's the funniest thing I've heard in a while…

Also agree. Aussie Primetime, 6PM to Midnight, and I usually am up all the way to 5AM on various vidya, is completely barren. Best I see is 28, which is a fair bit, but shit compared to the 50 I could get playing at noon, my time.

I'm divided on this.

On one hand, I really do like the chaos that comes with further players.

On the other hand, I think we need to make the rules slightly (Read: Slightly) stricter. I'm noticing a lot more greytide that usual recently, and it's a pain in the ass to deal with, coming from a typical security officer player.

We had this same discussion with sigurd. We elected to keep the server unlisted for the most part and the core playerbase largely trickled away over time without being replaced by anyone new.

My recommendation would be to keep the server listed publicly. Yes, there are more griefers and more work for admins, and there will be times when there aren't enough admins to watch over the playerbase, but that's a better situation than no playerbase at all.

My recommendation would be to keep the server listed publicly. Yes, there are more griefers and more work for admins, and there will be times when there aren't enough admins to watch over the playerbase, but that's a better situation than no playerbase at all.

^this

I'll say this much on the subject:

The only source of new players for the server is through public listing. While most of these players are of course clueless at best and griefers at worst, there are those few who take the time to learn the rules and how to play and eventually choose to stick with Paradise and strengthen its core of regulars. That's how a server keeps going even as players drop out for other games and real life.

By de-listing the server for long periods, this lifeline is severed and you're left with low populations even in peak hours. Even regular players who prefer the server will stop coming, since rounds with barely staffed departments are dull and lifeless. Yes, it's easier to administrate, but that's essentially sacrificing the welfare of the server for mere convenience. We play this game not for small shifts where you have to make an effort to find someone to work with, but for the large, hectic hives of people going this way and that, each with his own goals coming into conflict with everyone else to make the wonderful disaster that was the average round of this server in its heyday.

If you take that away, and are happy with small server populations that are easy to manage, then you better be happy with a server that eventually has nobody at all...

That being said, I'm happy to see the server is relisted and back to its usual vigor, and I'm sure most agree with me on this.