Gulag safety Pickaxes

Spacemanspark

To make the gulag more protective and secure, especially when security is depositing criminals there, a decent idea would be to port over safety pickaxes from /tg/code. They do very little damage (It took me quite a few hits to even kill a mouse with one.).

They are probably going to depresurize it anyways to get out alive. Besides they still need a weapon to gank on the security team to get out, they take their PDA away anyways so traitors can't get their items if they happen to have any telecrystals left. I never understood why they take the PDA away from the prisoner.

They are probably going to depresurize it anyways to get out alive. Besides they still need a weapon to gank on the security team to get out, they take their PDA away anyways so traitors can't get their items if they happen to have any telecrystals left. I never understood why they take the PDA away from the prisoner.

what

Yea, as it stands right now the Gulag's pretty useless. If you keep digging east eventually you'll hit the asteroid (and die, of course). I think it'd be great if it could be remapped to be safer for both the prisoner and security.

You get just as many or more shitheads that are angry and will attack you with anything they can get their hands on, antag or not, then you get normal antags just trying to escape.

The whole thing with a "safety" Pickaxe is kinda absurd. A Pickaxe that is so blunt it barely does damage but sharp enough to penetrate Rock.

Maybe make it take longer to mine with it?

Or perhaps it's a special pickaxe that detects organics and goes into a safety mode, where it does little to no damage to others, but turns this safety mode back off when penetrating rock?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use