Give the Blueshield some form of Martial Art

Cara

Considering the job description of the blueshield, I find it strange that he isnt given some form of martial art. Maybe some form of CQC that is only useable when near a member of Command, or in a high priority area. If that would be to powerful, maybe a new style dedicated to subduing a target in exchange for lethality might be best for a bodyguard. Such as punches doing stamina damage and the ability to lock a target in a chokehold, at the cost of having no lethal melee options and a complex move set to pull off an attack. 

CQC seems like a good choice but it might be seen as slightly too lethal so I also threw out an alternative.  

Bluey already gets a full on sec kit and lethal laser at round start, as well as a ton of access, oftentimes all access depending on captain. I think a martial art would be overkill, and encourage “redshield” behavior. 

As for CQC, my opinion would be a hard no. CQC is VERY strong situationally and would be massive overkill. It is an undroppable stamina based brawling machine of a martial art WITH A PARRY on top of round start sec kit. Way too much. The most I’d argue a bluey should get is a roundstart corp judo belt in the locker. 

I’ve really never felt underpowered as a blueshield, honestly quite the opposite. The most I’ve ever really felt the need to grab is a tele shield for confirmed violent eoc, or an IK30 for biohazards. 

• Like 1
  • honk 1

1 hour ago, TheBadPerson said:

The most I’d argue a bluey should get is a roundstart corp judo belt in the locker.

Bluey can ask HoS for a judo belt if they really need it as well so, the locker thing might not even be necessary.

Balance-wise, absolutely not.

You already have the ability to be fairly lethal in your Rules of Engagement. They dont need more things to fight people with.

• Like 2

We should make the Anti-CQC. Anti-CQC Kick heals brain damage of downed targets.
This way, Blueshields can cure the stupidity of their principals.

Absolutely not. Blueshield already is a stupidly powerful job. It's not hard power, I guess, like having better armour or weapons. They are, in fact, a security officer minus in terms of gear. However, they have some stupid soft power.

Roundstart lethals, "do whatever" SOP that makes it stupidly hard to hold them accountable for anything IC without CentComm involvement, captains granting them AA for no good reason whatsoever and certainty that they are not an antagonist making them straight-up invisible to at least 80% of security players. This combined with the cool factor of bold text, unique drip and being the only confirmed lieutenant on the station makes many Blueshields absolutely insufferable and powertrippy.

Consider this and ask yourself is it a good idea to give Blueshields more mechanical power.
I am of the opinion we should nerf their soft power. Banning captains from granting AA to anyone without a valid cause would be a good start, I'd say, but that's not the topic of this thread.

• Like 1
  • eyes 1
  • fastparrot 1

I think your arguments have changed my outlook on how much power the blueshield has. When making this I was only looking at the mechanical side of things, but the fact that they have such a light SOP in terms of engagement made me rethink my original suggestion. Also, I thought captains werent able to give out AA without a good reason already?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use