Security borgs should have an audible "HALT!"

Habalabam

When playing as security borg, I miss having the "HALT!" command. Typing "OI", "Waitup" or "HEY YOU!" isn't exactly IC for a borg.

It is strange that human security officers have a more robotic sounding stop command than their borg colleagues.

Well i think borgs already have troubles keeping up with the rest of the crew and if your target keeps running, you loose even more ground if you start typing. Even if it's as short as *halt. The officers have have hailer and and a mask that can be activated via a simple mouseclick, if done right you should not loose any ground.

Somewhat off-topic:

One of my big issues with ss13 are the clucky controls and not beeing able to set up propper hotkeys. Things could sometimes be so easy if you could just bind some very basic makros like "resist", "*halt" ...

I have no problem with typeing stuff like *sigh or *stare in a conversation but the resist verb is so crucial gameplaywise, like beeing fed some bullshit food or pills. The propper way would be to resist the force feeding, but what you usually have to do is move a tile away so you are to far away for him to force feed you. And if you are really unlucky you end up in one of this stupid back and forth dances with another guy and eat the shitty pill anyways.

It's just not the same, if the server lags and certain windows open with a longer delay you may send keys into game itself that could result in some random behaviour. It would also work outside of the game and you need to turn it off an on again or it starts clicking/typing in different windows.

I already tried tools like that with other games and i am not a fan.

• 2 weeks later...

pda messaging as borg would be nice

Err...they can =p

I believe he means sending a PDA message to somebody without them having to send one to you first, as it seems that borgs are unable to initiate a PDA conversation at the moment.

I believe he means sending a PDA message to somebody without them having to send one to you first, as it seems that borgs are unable to initiate a PDA conversation at the moment.

Yep, it was possible for borgs to send PDA messages for a long time. I think they lost their send message button when the AI got it's new clicky icons at the bottom. As it stands right now, borgs can not initiate PDA messages, they can only click the "Reply" button in the chat.

I've re-added the option to borgs to send PDA messages (under the AI IM menu).

Additionally, the AI can now communicate in various channels (command, security, etc.) without using the intercom once/if the pull request is approved.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use