Give botanists a way to make farm plots

MigratingCoconut

As of PR #22525 sand no longer drops when digging grass. This leaves botanists without a way to make plots themselves. 

Adding a farm plot recipe directly to grass tiles seems to be a good solution, though I don't know if adding a recipe to a tile is the correct way to approach it. Perhaps creating an intermediary stack that is made from grass that can be turned to either tiles to plots?  Not sure.

I could suggest adding a "soil" object with which you could make new soil plots, printable via the biogenerator (it'd be weird to be able to print "sandstone" per se).

At least at home it's how we refill our plots - with recycled plants.

Add a compost pile? The fact you can just whip sandstone out of nowhere (and turn it into farmable plots) is already weird, imo.

Which ghost roles are in need of craftable farm plots (aka they have no farm plots but got seeds) but lack a biogenerator?

>they have no farm plots but got seeds

Those two ruins have almost as many farming plots as starting seeds, I thought this fix removed some spawners' ability to farm. My idea still stands, they could use compost piles as a non-electrical alternative for the biogenerator (it could just take some time to turn it into useful soil instead of being semi-instant via the biogenerator).

Recycling any biomass sounds like a better idea, it works well thematically, especially with the biogenerator. As for implementing the compost pile, maybe use plants on a grass tile to make it, then use an empty hand on it to collect the ready soil? What are your thoughts?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use