General unhelpfulness

Kute Koala

Admin Key: Fox P Mcloud

Complaint: First off, as he has recently become the head of Staff, I am unawares as to how this complaint will be taken or recieved,

Firstly I would like to address his general in game actions. At times he seems to favor some other influence on gameplay over RP to the point where he makes trouble on the station for ridiculous reasons (yes I know this isn't against the rules persay) But here are some examples:

1. He hops the bar and takes the bartenders equipment without anyone's permission since there was no bartender. I told him in game that if he wanted access to that stuff he would have to go get a job change at the HoP, which I think is completely within reason in terms of RP, we can't just let anyone decide they want to mix what are essentially a mixture of controlled drugs without the credentials to do so can we? So I said for the sake of protocal that he should make the trip to the HoP's office and get the job change to which he refused. When I finally had the authorisation to arrest him and began to do it he just commited suicide on the spot.

2. I was stopping an engineer from stealing NT's booze dispenser only to have Fox sneak behind me with a some cloaking technology, throw a knockout syringe at me, he then stripped me of all of my sec belongings and had me handcuffed when I was doing my job and adhering to RP. I gave the perp plenty of chances and never used excessive force but this staff member took it upon himself to assist in the crime. Fine I'll take that one too.

3. I was chasing a reported suspect who was clawing his eyes out, and I was trying to get him to stop hurting himself and others and Fox said 'that's my friend' and pointed a shotgun at me without so much as a 'how do you do' while I was a security officer.

In the scenario where he aimed a shotgun at me, regardless of what I was doing that his 'character' didn't agree with, it got to the point of me avoiding the arrest in fear of a ban or him just suiciding and leaving everyone without a bar tender.

So these scenarios meant that we're not off to a good start...

NOTE: Below note that Fox was the only staff member on and I don't think he was having a very busy round in terms of staff duties but I may be wrong.

One round I noticed OOC was globally muted ( very likely by Fox) and wondered what could possibly warrant such a thing as it disables the ability for players to communicate out of RP almost entirely (excluding deadchat) I asked why it was like this via admin help with no response. He then did the same thing imediately at the start of the next round without a word. fine/whatever

Upon logging in I noticed the server was not listed on the Byond list and we were very understaffed (I was the only security officer in this instance) Usually in my experience this non listing is to deal with greytide (which there was no threat of) so I stated that we were not listed and got no response via Admin Help/question due to the fact that (someone) had muted OOC and I couldn't ask why there. But I knew he was online because he was playing in game. I asked why it was not listed on the server again with no reply. Eventually after bring this to his attention again with no previous replies acknowledging/ answering my admin PM queries he finally says 'Stop telling me how to run my server!' and after this I came to the conclusion that there is a very specific environment that Fox P Mcloud likes to have his server in when playing and it seems that this may compromise the experience for others later on.

I don't know if I'm just an idiot, Maybe everyone else clicks with him and I just don't. I don't know what I really want to come of this, maybe he can see it and we can discuss the issue personally one on one, I'm not pointing any fingers and saying he's a shit admin or whatever. I'm just thinking there are some inconsistencies with how I communicate with other staff compared to when I communicate with him. And I am wondering if the aforementioned behavior is encouraged of admins, usual of admins or even tolerable for a head of staff. IDK if being the head of staff means he makes the rules now and all others answer to him but in any case,

I love this server and I enjoy its regulations and guide lines, but I don't know what to make of this and it's some sort of issue whether it be on his part or even mine, lets just discuss it...

I've noticed a disproportional amount of complaints for foxpmccloud compared to any other paradise admin, and probably for good reason.

My friend was telling me the other day how Fox was the CMO, and kept flashing him (my friend, let's refer to him as dudebro) for what he did in a previous round ("specism"). After the 3rd or so flash, dudebro grabbed a circular saw and warned the CMO to stop flashing him. Of course, the CMO flashed him again, lost an arm and BWOINK. Then fox respawned himself as a Navy Commander. And of course, after the round ended, Fox said "wow the grief is real" in OOC.

So yeah, that's fox for you.

I've noticed a disproportional amount of complaints for foxpmccloud compared to any other paradise admin, and probably for good reason.

My friend was telling me the other day how Fox was the CMO, and kept flashing him (my friend, let's refer to him as dudebro) for what he did in a previous round ("specism"). After the 3rd or so flash, dudebro grabbed a circular saw and warned the CMO to stop flashing him. Of course, the CMO flashed him again, lost an arm and BWOINK. Then fox respawned himself as a Navy Commander. And of course, after the round ended, Fox said "wow the grief is real" in OOC.

If this is the guy I think you're talking about, he's a constant shitter to any species minus humans.

Don't get me wrong, speciesm can be fun, but there is a point where it can go overboard. His first gimmick that I saw from him involving starting a large riot, in which he lit many Tajarans on fire and assaulted multiple other races, and then started attacking us when we tried to intervene. He used tramadol and called a few other players to assist him. It got to the point where we had to execute him right up front, since detaining wasn't working (Admins stated they were part of a terrorist organization via CentComm message, and that he was supposed to be killed.). I was an ERT member.

And if that's all Fox has done to them, then they may want to make a player complaint against me, since I've done worse to them than that.

As for Fox's adminning, I haven't seen anything wrong with any actions he's taken.

If this is the round/situation I think it was then this friend of yours had unauthorized chemistry/medical access that was not cleared by the CMO. This person was asked repeatedly to leave and I believe security was involved at one point as well. They continued to return and did get flashed and dragged out of medbay multiple times. They were told to stay out and refused to listen to reason.

If a player chooses to be racist/whatever then they need to accept the very real IC consequences of people not tolerating them either. It's also worth pointing out that even if this isn't the same situation and your friend did nothing to warrant getting flashed they could always just have left the area and been done with it instead of continuing and choosing to escalate the situation into one that could very well violate the rules.

This is an admin complaint not a general discussion of "what may or may have not happened that one round"

The stories posted as replies are without evidence and clearly biased / one sided, as shows by FoS revealing just why they were flashed.

Topic locked, back to topic on the admin complaint

I'll be more than happy to address this.

First off, the player in question has a known reptuation, as Spaceman has said, of behaving in a very hostile way towards non-humans--this is a persistent theme he retains throughout rounds; there's seemingly no RP reason for it, and it's hardly ever to create scenarios other than an excuse to throw/hit/maim/injure other players.

The particular incident you're referencing is, in fact, two separate incidents. The first one was where the player in question was demanding both potassium and water (which he was, of course, denied). When he was not able to get what he wanted, he went over the CMO's head and requested chemistry access. When this was granted, he was thrown out of medbay still (only with flashing) as it was not approved by the CMO (not to mention given the previous requests). Eventually sec attempted to handle the issue, but the access was not removed. Before he was even flashed again, David sawed Fox's entire arm clean off. Hardly acceptable as a non-antag or for getting legitimately denied access by a superior.

The other incident was where the same player was a chef and managed to get access to genetics---I received player complaints about this, and decided to handle it ICly as an NT Captain informing about SOP and proper access rights to employees. This was on a completely separate round and was only done because players were upset at the scenario/situation.