Admin Complaint: foxpmccloud

farnebrink

Admin ckey: foxpmccloud

Complaint:

I was banned for one day because I caught onto his treacherous behaviour. Initially I saw him by the head of security's murdered corpse which made me raise an eyebrow, but I didn't think much of it by then. Then later on I saw him fidgeting with the escape shuttle doors, presumedly trying to escape alone since he called the shuttle, having promoted himself to captain, shortly after I saw him leave the area. He left a tracking beacon behind him, so I thought I'd give him a little surprise and took the beacon to a remote location. As soon as the shuttle docked I sedated him with my syringe gun and stripped him clean before I left him in toxins butt-naked Little did I know that he would respond in such a butthurt manner about it all. In his rage he later banned me for 1440 minutes.

PM from-Head of StaffFox P McCloud: What the fuck were you doing?

PM to-Fox P McCloud: I caught you sabotaging the shuttle doors. I knew what you were up to.

PM from-Head of StaffFox P McCloud: So you knock someone out basedo n that alone, then strip then and leave them?

PM to-Fox P McCloud: I also gathered that you weren't loyalty implanted

PM from-Head of StaffFox P McCloud: You're going ot need a better explanation than that

// 10 seconds or so pass

PM from-Head of StaffFox P McCloud: Waiting

// you angry friend?

PM to-Fox P McCloud: You were trying to hijack the shuttle on your own.

PM to-Fox P McCloud: I told people in security but they didn't seem to care much.

PM from-Head of StaffFox P McCloud: Still that doesn't justify you, as a scientist knocking someone out, then stripping them and leaving them. So yeah, explanation please.

The traitors were:

Fox P McCloud was Fox McCloud (survived) (used 0 TC)

Objective #1: Assassinate Niko Anderson, the Head of Security. Success!

Objective #2: Escape on the shuttle or an escape pod alive and free. Fail.

PM to-Fox P McCloud: Security didn't do anything about it, so I took matter in my own hands.

ÿYou have been banned by foxpmccloud.

Reason: syringe gunned+stripped+isolated the acting Captain RD because she saw him fiddling with shuttle doors- based upon this alone. Offered up the excuse that it was perfectly legitimate since "security refused to investigate".

ÿThis is a temporary ban, it will be removed in 1440 minutes

Firstly, the tone of this post is completely not suitable for an admin complaint.

Fox is quite right to say that assaulting and stripping a head of staff for "fiddling with doors" and being near a corpse is not justified, especially for a non-security member.

As this is a very short ban, and legitimate.

I am puzzled by this response.

As this was a traitor round, I assume that the normal "code blue" announcement was given.

It seems to me a reasonable assumption that a responsible staff member under such circumstances would be concerned and vigilant, if not slightly paranoid.

Keep in mind that Fox, in fact, was the killer. So, the protagonist spotted the killer by the corpse. He later spotted the killer tampering with essential evacuation equipment and security was not there to handle it. Since the evacuation shuttle is the lifeboat of the station, then it's obvious that a lot of the crew would die from these actions, probably including the protagonist himself since there is no escape shuttle from science dept. If somebody had attempted to do that to you IRL, what would you do? His excessive treatment of the traitor was only after the suspicion was confirmed.

We recently had a thread about vigilantism. This was primarily a At no point did the staff chime in to say that this was in any way bannable.

Though the tone in the complaint leaves some to be desired, I for one take note that Fox appeared to be agitated at his plot being foiled and not in a resourceful state of mind when slamming the banhammer. Pushing for answers after ten seconds of silence and then going "not good enough" seems to be about 1'upping the other person rather than making steps to build the community.

When staff is considering banning somebody for their interaction with your own (traitor) character, you should be cautious about keeping it clean and may be better off passing up borderline decisions.

To me these events makes for a reasonable movie plot. Keep in mind that his instincts were spot on. I think this type of plot twists is what event admins should encourage and allow regular players to be the heroes. They are too few and far between.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use