Admin(s) Key: ItsMarmite
Your ckey (Byond username): Benjaminfallout
Your Discord name (if applicable):

Date(s) of incident (GMT preferred): 2/16/2023 at around 11am GMT

ROUND ID: 34638

Nature of complaint: rule clarification and questions
(Select all that apply: clarification required and feedback
Links to all relevant ban appeals for any bans related to this complaint: N/A

Brief description: Used a banana grenade in an empty room, cleaned it up without anyone slipping, got bwoinked for it.

Full description of events: After finding a banana grenade and other contraband in maintenance I went to the brig to turn everything in. No officers were present and I believe only one was on station so I set off the banana grenade and tossed it at the door. Shortly after it going off I picked up all the acid peels and put them on the table next to the door. I then got bwoinked about it later into the round.

g.PNG.0a74acc6077e6d4f0d7de4de5e55ae50.PNG

f.PNG.17d900b0814b42324ee0fc74590e0452.PNG

a.PNG.9526cee8d5419e335e1cb40d60ac6a06.PNGb.PNG.c2b6c1f41d44b537bf154ab8cb40e4b5.PNGc.PNG.f9b5a454b11a409275cc845cae1a4ffa.PNGd.PNG.b83332a2d912e3e02064daa89b78a5ae.PNGe.PNG.9aa535f77728e4dcdced82b527014e18.PNG

This is in no way a complaint about ItsMarmite, I think they and the rest of the staff are wonderful and have been nothing but wonderful to me. I would just like some clarification on rule 7. It states "The use of bombs as a Non-Antagonist is only acceptable in the bomb range, lavaland, and other Z-level variants..." I have been using banana grenades and giving them to clowns for just under 5 and a half years now and it has never once been an issue in the past. So I guess my questions are...

-Do banana grenades count as a bomb under rules 7 and is using one under any circumstance self antagging?

-Do healing grenades/non harmful chem grenades count as bombs? I know this is a dumb question but with how harmless the banana grenade is and how the rule itself is worded I feel like I should ask.

The funny words are "Clowns go HoNK"

• eyes 1
  • bap 1

• 3 weeks later...

Thank you for writing this admin complaint.

Banana grenades are not constituted as bombs under rule 7, that refers more generally to explosives. Healing and non-harmful chem grenades do not fall under the bomb category either. Banana grenades are not harmless by any means, when the acid peels produced by the grenade are stacked enough it can easily put crew into crit. This would fall under self-antagging technically because of this part of Rule 7

it will be considered Self-Antagging if it negatively affects a significant portion of the crew, or is done without any reasonable IC justification and/or provocation;

If you have no reason to pepper the security lobby with acid peels then its technically self-antagging.

I'll leave this open for one more week before closing it for replies, otherwise this complaint can be considered resolved.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use