AI Controlled Mechs

DestroOmega

A long time ago, it looked like someone started working on this feature in the TG code, but it was removed a while ago. Upon suggesting this in OOC, Ponies showed interest in the idea as a module upgrade for a mech, allowing station bound AI to take temporary and remote control of the machine.

This is a post for that.

Discuss, I guess?

Would be very useful for when there are lacking cyborgs, But what would happen when the mech was moved out of the AI's camera range? And it seems it would be a little OP in a malf round for the AI to be obscuring his malfness until someone lets the AI have a durand to toy around with, But that really is the stations choice to make the Upgrade. I support this idea!

• 2 months later...

This was from back when the server was kind of low populated and lacked people to drive and mine with the mecs,

I am still for the camera on mechs, but AI piloting is a no for now

Why? Because the AI has better, more important things to do than piloting the ripley, and if they give the AI a combat mech it will be a walking shield, nothing more because of the AI laws

Thread necromancy!

I also don't think that it's a good idea. Remote controlled mechs on the other hand do sound kind of interesting to me, but not useful or worthwhile

Maybe it's because I dislike the whole seperate mining station. Adding some landmass to the station sounds a lot cooler to me.

What this game realy makes rich, it is tons off possibility to play different strategies each time.

If people realy wish, why not give them, but make it hell expensive

Example:

-They would need some kind of circuit (which would need very high research lvls)

-And Mechs controlled by AI drains lott more power, so culd not use it to often.

Camon people, lets suggest more ideas.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use