Feedback of a I assume custom event

Bkuli

Admin(s) Key:  ?? no idea which admins are involved
Your ckey (Byond username): Bkuli
Your Discord name (if applicable): Bkuli#0232

Date(s) of incident (GMT preferred):

Thursday March 17 2022  shift started 12pm-2pm cst american time zone.  - 5 gmt so like 7 am - 9 Am gmt? not sure if thats accarate  

ROUND ID: no idea how to find this, forgive me

Nature of complaint:
Feedback

Links to all relevant ban appeals for any bans related to this complaint: N/A

Brief description (tl;dr here. Just the critical elements): custom event which involved me playing as the blueshield, on talking with other players I have been encouraged to post here about it.

Full description of events:  I personally feel this post is rather a nuclear option, but it has been insisted that I at least make an attempt at this post about the event.  One that had interesting moments but deeper thought on it makes it feel confusing and frustating, if anything a more casaul disscussion on the events design I feel would be more prudent. But here we go.

Normal shift, As ViVi 7, got blueshield. go about things as normal. when the captain (name is forgotten but I should have a screen of the endscreen objectives) is acting up insisting that a attempt on his life was going to happen.  As the shield this is kind of my deal so good Ill actually be allowed to do something nonstandard. or so I thought anyway.

shortly afterward I would get a direct CC message,  

Incoming priority transmission from Central Command. Message as follows: Greetings Blueshield. This is secret channel. Noone should know about this. We have information that some of the command members on the NSS Cyberiad plot a mutiny. This is not confirmed. In any case, protect Captain above all.

(no screen, didnt think at the time it would be important to do so)

so the stakes are raised, and I start running through what I could be doing, HoS seems to be clued in as well, So neat group think and react kind of story going on thats cool, I think once more.  A plan was made between us, privately on the bridge when the CE walks in.  To which, based on the message I got. I should at least show some covertness to the plan and move the HoS and captain.  HoS steps out before I can drop my plan to them for discussion, tension is rising.

then the captain just kills me, just flat out pulls out the rapier and goes at it. leaving not only myself but the station asking alot of questions.  My mind wondering if this was just a character thing he chose to do or what else could possibly be going on.

What followed was a what I call IPC standard robotics moment that lasted quite a while.  Robotics didn't understand the unlisted nuances of repairing an IPC so it felt like at least a 1/4th of the shift just being half dead while 3 or so officers stared on.

After that was the arrest and investigation, which most of it I wasn't super privy to the details of.  the short version is the captain insisted I attacked them first but had no evidence to support the claims.  Most people I could see were mostly just very confused, at the time I was curious to see where things were going.

An SOO got involved!  a nice escalation, and I like to interact with navy on shield shifts personally.  A meeting was held captain was dragged in and I expected some kind of small scale trail to happen.  I waited before talking, making sure to keep in the character that shields are navy and thus I should probably respect the SOO more then most, waiting for pauses or asking to speak in places.  But mostly in all honesty the SOO ignored anything I had to say and only gave a "IPCS should not be blueshields" comment to me."  

only the captain really spoke, and all the paperwork and did not support his claims. once the captain was done I was expecting to make a defense case for myself.  This was not the case, the SOO just condemn the captain and ordered him into perma.  I had mixed feelings, was I just being trusted or that actively ignored in this matter?   I asked one final time for an opening for questions to the SOO, but it never came, they quickly left and never acknowledged anything I said after that.

the rest of the shift wasn't noteworthy to this event from what I can gather. mostly alot of people confused and asking things.  Shift would end and I personally saw the captain had an objective to kill the blueshield. This was kind of a disappoint me of "oh that's all that it was?" kind of feeling.  From what other people have told me there was some kind of heads pitted against each other custom objectives going around.  I never saw anything to back that but sure if you say so is how I feel about that.

I talked to a few others about it, and I'm left just mostly...confused and find it frustrating to think about. and once more they encouraged me to make a post here about it.  I don't know which admins were involved or who made what choice on the backstage of it, and I by no means me this a condemnation of someone's attempt at making an event happen and dealing with the act of herding kittens that is the player base to even get the event to close what might have been envisioned.  I'm just left very....bleh and kind of gloomy about it.  this is merely feedback, and I feel some kind of words or something would help me more be at peace with the elements of it

formatting is likely terrible, and this is the first time I've done something like this, so forgive any kind of edicate errors. but that's just my thoughts on it while its still fresh in my head.

Screenshot_295.png

• fastparrot 1

• 4 months later...

Hi. I will be handling this with authorisation from Necaladun.

My apologies for the incredibly late response. Life got in the way and this slipped the admin team's minds.

We always appreciate feedback. It's good to get people's feelings, opinions and thoughts on our decisions. We will take this feedback with us for the future.

I will now be filing this thread.