Cult Help for Players

Crazyhair

Many times have I rolled cultist(which used to be my favorite antag), and gotten all very new members and had to take over as the leader/hard carry. I've done so much cultist leader and used some interesting spells and runes to help the cult and defeat sec. 

I want this post to be a guide I guess and post for me to tell people that if they ping me via discord or just use this forum post I'll try my best to help them understand cultist using mentor station.

No reason to have all of this knowledge and not be able to share it.

Quick tip: If you get cult as miner set up base in the bathroom, bolt airlock, twisted construction it, then conceal presence. It will hide all runes and make airlock look normal.

Another tip: Best cultist loadout for starting is one stun, shadow shackle, teleport and blood rites. It allows for quick get away, stun, cuff, and building up of blood rite early on.

@Crazyhair8#8795 is my discord ping if you want to ping or DM me for help.

Before I finish this one would ask, "Why not do it on your own" and for that I answer with testing out something with a real player and getting real help is way easily and helps you learner quicker. Or one would ask why not use the wiki, but being honestly wiki won't get you to have a fun time. It takes experience and time to actually become decent at most antags. I have around 900 hours and still suck hard at changeling.

Anyways, Crazyhair out!

• Like 2

Some HOT TIPS for new cultists looking do get their daggers wet (with blood).

- A very easy but extremely useful job for even the newest cultist to do, if you have an off-station base, is Ghost Overwatch.
Put down a Rune of the Spirit Realm and a pylon next to it, and become a dark spirit. A dark spirit is literally a spectator ghost but can talk to the cultists via Cult Speak. Use it to constantly tell the cult where the sacrifice target is, or if another cultist is in trouble.

- Veil Shifters (made from Cult Archives) are one of the most useful tools for cultists, letting you teleport forward a few tiles through walls while also pulling through anything you're dragging.
Use it to escape security! They can't follow you through walls after all.
Robust cultists can even nab the captain right out of the bridge with a quick shift in, stun+drag, and shift out.

- The Hallucinations spell, while not the most useful for direct combat, can be useful to weaken enemy groups stealthily to prepare for a raid, or just slow them down.
It's a 4 charge spell that you silently cast on a person you can see. If you know you're about to assault the bridge or security, you can make yourself look like any random civilian while loaded up on hallucination spells, and just cast them on absolutely everyone in the area.
Even having one person get randomly stunned from a hallucination is a huge boon in a fight.
Security can't patrol maintenance efficiently while hallucinating either, as it causes every door they touch to have a chance to stun them.

- Mass conversion and murdering security is fine and all, but remember that cultist escalation leads to escalation from the station too, and the station has access to bigger guns than you (There's no such thing as a cult mech... yet.).
Keeping numbers reasonable, or better yet, remaining stealthy, means security won't start pulling out the combat shotguns and durands (well, 9/10 times they wont).
Also remember that using exceptionally strong combat items, such as the mirror shield, may result in escalation just even if used purely in self-defense. 

Edited by Pckables
  • Like 3

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use