HoP Shutters - New Argument

DocSocrates

(New Argument) http://80.244.78.90/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=2366&start=20&sid=64b566331b2d0c49d232a73ee20cdf79&sid=64b566331b2d0c49d232a73ee20cdf79#p13777

Hello, today I would like to suggest that the HoP's office be outfitted with shutters for his two windows and counter. Here is my argument:

(Skip around if TL'DR)

The HoPs Role on the Station

The HoP, as we all know, "is in charge of assigning and reassigning crew members correctly and making sure station departments are well-staffed and running optimally" (From the Wiki's HoP Page). The HoP deals a majority of the station's crew. Even members of different departments need to talk to the HoP about receiving more access to their departments, not the *heads of their own department. The HoP also holds plenty of power on the station. If the HoP wanted, he/she could give everyone that walks through his/her line Captain status and access, and allow them to go wherever the captain goes. This, although is illegal in-game, is a power that the HoP has. What am I getting at? The HoP is somewhat important.

*A good HoP would ask the heads if said crew-member is allowed to have access to that part of the station. Still, the crew member must visit the HoP for this access

Why add shutters?

First, let's examine other offices in the station.

1. Captain's Office

It's secure, has plenty of access requirements. The bridge, can be locked down, ensuring no access to the bridge and the uppermost door (Unless hostiles are already on the bridge). The only other way to get in is by three sets of doors (If you don't use the teleporter). What am I getting at? This office is private and secure.

But wait, aren't we talking about shutters? Yes, but the captain has no windows besides the bridge, which has shutters.

2. CMO, RD, CE, and HoS

Socrates, none of these offices have shutters either. Yes, they don't but to get to the office itself requires access to their departments, that the public doesn't have. They're secure in the fact that the general populous doesn't simply walk by. They don't need shutters like a office with public windows. What's a public window? A window where the public walks by.

Streaky pointed out

The CMO actually has blast doors.

This further proves how the HoP has the least amount of protection.

3. NT Rep and IAA

Given the fact that they may need privacy to talk about Centcom related issues, they both have offices with public windows, and they are both given shutters. Although both of them do not have a counter that anyone can climb onto and break into the office *cough cough*, they still have shutters and the HoP doesn't.

4. Chef

Bork bork gets shutters to inform everyone that he is either closed or working. I wounder if the HoP should be able to show if his office is closed.

Get to the Point

Shutters provide privacy, the ability to "Close down shop", and provide some protection. The fact that other offices get shutters while the HoP doesn't even when the HoP's office is the most public office in the station. Wait, doesn't HoP's office NEED to be public for his job? Yes, shutters aren't going to make his office any less public then it already is. All the shutters will do is allow the HoP to create an office of privacy, so he can talk to the captain or anyone else that decides to walk into his office.

I agree, security of the office is extremely low, in say nuke op rounds, it is very risking trying to get all access IDs as it is so exposed.

Thanks for reading, please comment so this can be seen.

Here's a cat picture (not mine) for your time!

http://imgur.com/gallery/7GIuwTB

Edited by Guest

I wouldn't say there's much of an argument here, just unanimous support. Your issue is finding a mapper to do this. Webster is the obvious option, but he's taking time off at the moment.

Aye, there hasn't been any real arguments against this issue, (or atleast in the replies to this thread)

I call this an argument because I'm raising points and countering any thoughts a reader may have against this topic.

Hopefully Webster, when he returns, will see this thread and consider the shutters.

• 2 weeks later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use