HoP Shutters - New Argument

DocSocrates

(The new argument)

Sorry about my lack of posting this new argument I mentioned a few days ago. I've been wrapped up in school and haven't bothered with this until today. So, here it is:

BZEl1dQ.png

1. This picture represents the command portion of the station. Inside contains the Bridge, AI, Captain's Office + Storage, Conference, the Account computer, and lastly, my good old friend, the HoP's office.

2. This picture demonstrates the Command Horseshoe.. Once you're in the horseshoe, you can realistically travel through the doors without the worry of blast doors or any other defenses. The horseshoe itself has a visible perimeter and a regular crew member can't enter this area without aid. Instead of a circle or box that includes the AI, I've drawn a horseshoe because the AI's chambers are strictly off limits and crew (Even heads) don't normally walk around those rooms.

3. This last picture represents the horseshoe again, but this time the HoP's office has been colored red. This is to show the weakness of the horseshoe itself. Every other part of the horseshoe has either a wall, or glass with shutters that can be lowered. Since the HoP's office lacks shutters, it becomes the weakest part of the horseshoe. If a syndi wished to enter the horseshoe, the quickest entrance would be through the HoP's windows. Let's not forget the HoP's computer that can change any ID's access is vulnerable as well.

"Updated" Server List

Below are servers that have HoP shutters. I feel sad that Paradise station, a server that keeps up to date with SS13 code, doesn't have HoP Shutters.

(The list will be updated as I visit other servers)

Yogstation

Best RP

NSS Aurora

Hippie Station 13

General lack of care for HoP

Recently the HoP's armor and energy gun were removed from the starting lockers. I don't know the reason for this removal, but the reason itself isn't important. As the station's departments keep getting upgraded, the HoP's office has sat without any updates besides the removal of the gear. The HoP offices that I've visited above have mostly been updated with the gear still in the lockers. I believe that this server just forgotten about the HoP. Like I said before, it's an important job, and the people that frequent this server need to be reminded of that.

Last note

I may post another argument, but for now I've exhausted my arguments. Yet, I would like to see a response from this server's staff. Even if it's just a post of acknowlagement, I wouldn't mind. This topic has been seen numerous times and has plenty of replies. I think it merits something.

This should definitely be added, sometimes the HoP needs to take a break or is away from his office. Maybe the shutters can have a little stickied note on it saying "On break!"

Perhaps if instead of a little note, the HoP gets a personal monitor that can be edited from inside the office. This way, should the Captain call a meeting of the heads, or the HoP decides to take a stroll, they can have it say "In meeting" or "On break". Alternatively, they can also use it to say stuff like "Clowns will get no access" or something.

You know, because they get enough people demanding access as it is.

Thats my biggest issue with the HoP office not having shutters. Trying to upgrades ID's is far more dangerous then it should be during certain rounds.

Hmmhm.

Again, I think it's due to the fact that the Staff on this server that update the server don't care about the HoP.

Now that I learned how to map things, I am currently working on this and will throw up a pull request on the github page within the next few days.

EDIT: Pull request created.

Edited by Guest

Another update without HoP shutters

They're there, just not made live yet. Probably because the people who can merge pull requests (not me) don't have enough time to test most things.

Aye, good show.

Can't wait for the update.

• 2 weeks later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use