A new use to space lube?

Stephanov

You're a traitor and happen to be chemist too, awesome.

Now space lube has many fun uses, but how about an actual useful one.

What if I were to cover my own character in said substance, making it impossible to use grabs on me for a while.

"x tried to grab y, but they were so slippery that they were unable to get a grip"

Thoughts? Comments?

Disposals shouldn't hurt you. Should also be possible to combine with an extinguisher and office chair for extra craziness.

Actually the disposal one sounds pretty good aswell. Though I think the damage is more from motion rather than friction in the tube, isn't it?

The damage from disposals is more about getting thrashed about in a metal tube than friction. All those bends and turns aren't good for the body.

I've tested disposals as a bored atmos tech a few rounds, and I can confirm that its the bends that mess you up, not the straight-aways.

What about door jams? After x number of activations theres a random chance that a door will lockup. To fix this you screwdriver open the doors panel then spray/splash/drop with space lube.

Shutter jams are another possibility but that might be more complicated.

Machine jams might also be a valid use. ("That vending machine stole my monies!")

These features would also help reduce the meta (presuming door issues are all player-caused).

That would just be horrible. Running from the sing? LEL ITS ME, RNG! Screw you!

Vending machines are buggy enough, no need for actual faults.

I do not understand your point about doors being meta?

That would just be horrible. Running from the sing? LEL ITS ME, RNG! Screw you!

Its only a random chance after a certain number of uses. Besides thats why main hallways have multiple doors.

Vending machines are buggy enough, no need for actual faults.

Why? Thats more incentive for the chef to do their job.

I do not understand your point about doors being meta?

When you run into a door that doesn't work, its almost never a random malfunction.

Isn't there also robot people/cyborgs? I'm sure a moderate efficiency improvement could be in order? Maybe using less energy when their gears are well greased?

Robot people should get a speed boost just for drinking the stuff. It could even be used as a regent for special machine-people drinks at the bar. "Tinman" Drink?

Isn't there also robot people/cyborgs? I'm sure a moderate efficiency improvement could be in order? Maybe using less energy when their gears are well greased?

Robot people should get a speed boost just for drinking the stuff. It could even be used as a regent for special machine-people drinks at the bar. "Tinman" Drink?

I really like this idea.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use