What needs doing? Look here!

Fathuran

Hey fellas. I'd like to take the time to put up a big list of essentially 'what needs doing' for the wiki to give people a good idea of what they can do if they are not sure 'what' to do.

I'm only human, and just one at that, so I'll need all your guys' help in pointing out what we need to get done. Feel free to post in reply to this thread with stuff that requires updating, as well as simply posting what you're tackling at this point in time.

I'll try to keep this first post updated as much as possible so people can simply take a look at the OP instead of sifting through pages. Expect this page to be updated every 1-3 days to reflect any changes.

Jobs

When the mouse page has more information than a lot of these jobs, we have an issue. Take a look to see what you're knowledgeable in and can contribute to.

Magistrate - Mainly putting this here since it's unfinished, however as a project it's currently being handled by Streaky Haddock.

Ambassador - This job is completely blank, as well as unreleased. As of right now it's a placeholder, however minor things such as flavor text can clean it up, as it is on the job list.

Security Pod Pilot - The page for this job is currently nonexistent.

Non-Staff Roles

Nuclear Agent - According to the headline, this page is outdated and needs revising. Do what you can.

Honk Squad - I'm not really expecting anyone to fill out information for this aside from admins due to how rare these guys come along, but the page is blank and listed on the jobs, which makes things look messy. Like anything else, if you have experience, please contribute what you can.

Areas

Take a look through the locations page. As you can see, that big old image of the station is a little outdated. In addition you'll see a big list of areas and what have you that are either terrible outdated or somepletely non-existent. I'll try and list a few.

Non-Existent Area Pages

- Auxiliary Tool Storage

- Emergency Storage

- Escape Pods

- Escape Shuttle Hallways

- Primary Tool Storage

- Custodial Closet

- Waste Disposal

- Captain's Quarters

- Conference Room

- E.V.A. Gateway

- Teleporter

- Abandoned Satellite

- Derelict

- Mining Station

- Central Command

- NanoTrasen Representative's Office

- NanoTrasen Recruiter's Office

- Equipment Room

- Gamma Armory

Areas with missing images

- Bar

- Medbay

- Morgue - Page needs area formatting as well.

- Singularity Engine - Page is great, but we just need an image of the whole singularity area itself.

- Brig

- Law Office - We have an image, but it's outdated.

- Head of Personnel's Office

-

Area pages that simply need an update

Research Division - This is the page for the entire research wing itself and is essentially blank. Images, descriptions, and formatting needed.

Maintenance - Images and formatting needed. As maintenance areas extend through the entire station, images aren't 100% needed but better descriptions would be cool.

Guides

The following guides could use some updating, mainly in the image department.

Starter Guide - Lacks images for [up to date] character set-up, job preferences, and a detailed visual guide to the HUD.

General Help - Some hotkeys are outdated.

Basic Construction - Due to a lack of images, the page looks a bit messy.

Guide to Hydroponics - Mainly missing images.

Guide to Toxins - Page is blank. I'm aware that it's policy no toxin mixing guides be given out freely, however if that's the case, this page should either mirror that or be slated for deletion.

Guide to Genetics - I haven't looked through it a whole lot, but the headline said that it needs revising, so I'll put it here.

Guide to Atmospherics - Some changes were recently made to atmospherics according to this thread which have not yet been put onto the page.

Guide to Virology - Like Atmospherics, this page is now somewhat outdated due to recent updates, namely the symptoms are what require looking at.

Syndicate Guide - As of right now it's a carbon copy of the nuke squad page. This should either be slated for deletion or be given a complete overhaul. Keep in mind that a Guide to Traitoring already exists.

Game Modes

Mutiny - It's a good blurb that gives a basic idea. However a proper list of possible directives and more insightful information would be helpful.

Other Pages

These object pages are missing many sprite images

Medical Items

Security Items

General Items

Chemistry Items

Clothes and Internals

High Risk Items

Atmospheric Objects

Medical items is the worst offender, it's blank!

Regarding Images

I've already put on relevent pages that images may be needed here and there. However I'll put this in its own thing. We need images. Images of areas, images of sprites and what have you. If you don't know how to upload a sprite that the game uses, then follow this guide which will walk you through the process.

-

I'll try to keep this page updated as much as possible. Some of the things here listed are as easy as editing just a line or two, and some of it may take some effort. Feel free to grab anything on this list that you're interested in taking the reigns on and let us know.

Good luck!

Edited by Guest

I can provide plenty of info about the sec pod pilot/atmospherics but have very little experience with formatting and adding pictures. If you like info on those, PM me.

Also lost a bit of work with the rollback, mainly on the jobs page and a bit on the atmos guide.

I can provide plenty of info about the sec pod pilot/atmospherics but have very little experience with formatting and adding pictures. If you like info on those, PM me.

Also lost a bit of work with the rollback, mainly on the jobs page and a bit on the atmos guide.

Sounds great, I'll send you a message regarding those topics. Conversely, (And probably better) feel free to let me know what exactly you're having trouble with in regards to formatting and I'll do my best to help you out so you can go ahead and jot the stuff down yourself. Honestly, I'm not the best at wiki nonsense either, and certainly it's not all committed to memory. I can also walk you [And anyone else who is interested] through adding images, especially sprites, since those can be a little wonky.

Any rewards for doing it? Since the rollback happened a lot of work was lost and well.. I'm not motivated anymore. I know sometimes theres KP rewards for sprite making so.. would there be a KP reward for doing optimal work on empty wiki articles?

So,i've totally revamped the NT Recruiter,the Psychologist and the Brig Physician...(still working on the Brig Physician,to be honest)

-http://80.244.78.90/wiki/index.php/Brig_Physician-Brig Physician

-http://80.244.78.90/wiki/index.php/Psychologist-Psychologist

-http://80.244.78.90/wiki/index.php/Nanotrasen_Recruiter-Nanotransen Recruiter

Any grammar correction is welcome!

Awesome work folks. Space Carp, Recruiter, Brig Physician and Psychologist are much improved. I will be taking them off of the watchlist, but I still encourage you to sift your work through a few times to make sure it's objective and satisfactory. Thanks everyone for helping out.

I'll be updating the OP with a few new things, but I'll post them here too, they are:

Medical Items - This article is literally blank save for a hyperlink to Baystation's wiki page of the same name. If you intend to edit this page and you end up copying text over from the other wiki, please get the images too. We don't need more red image links.

Images and cleanup for:

Security Items

General Items

Chemistry Items

Clothes and Internals

High Risk Items

Atmospheric Objects

I am requesting the deletion of this article:

Category:Station Equipment - It is a redundant article. The Objects page serves this purpose.

I'll update the OP in 2-3 days, keep up the great work everyone.

Mechanic and Shaft Miner have reached acceptable levels of quality and will be removed from the watchlist. While Shaft Miner is still missing some images for various materials, it is now up to date. Thanks everyone for contributing!

The following pages have been added to the watchlist:

Syndicate Guide

Nuclear Agent

Not only are the two above pages identical, but they are outdated according to the headline. I advise that contributors should simply update the Nuclear Agent page to par and then re-purpose the Syndicate Guide to either something else or slate it for deletion, since we already have a Guide to Traitoring.

That's all for now. Keep up the good work!

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use