Know yer enemy, 2: Feedback

Daniel Me

Here is some feedback on yer "Know yer enemy, 2" thread. :arrow:

As a security officer, I like to have some clear pointers and guidelines about how to handle and relate to syndicate agents, revolutionaries, cultists, wizards, a malfunctioning AI, changelings, vampires, borers and other antags/critters. This list yer made here Neca, helps a lot.

Good to know that there is a "list" of cults that are deemed dangerous, I'll look for those in the future.

I like the "propaganda" view from the Company on Syndicate/revs/'lings. Its good to know that some contraband are "typical" terrorist equipment. Perhaps yer could add "All changelings have already killed someone on station to assume their identity", so everyone know they are murderers by defaul? (Unless they are brought to the station as research subjects - see 'Event' thread) I do like that yer encouraging to actually "chop their heads off and brun their bodies", but can they be given to RnD alive, or just dead? The whole body, or just the head?

Its also good to know that wizards are hostile unless a diplomatic relation are to be made. I've always asked em for autographs on a normal round, as I saw the wizards guild to be quite popular - now I know better.

The information about the vampires was what I enjoyed the most. The guidelines are nice, as it sort of allows vampires to work for the Company if processed correctly. And I also like their syndicate affiliation.

Mabye yer could add "blob" and "xenos" on the list? Are their presence known in the galaxy, or are they something completely new? What is NTs recommend actions, on station, if they are spotted?

I have a major with the AI section, mainly the "AIs are not know to malfunction."

It doesn't make much sense as AIs ARE known to get subverted plus it will lead to all kinds of crap "RP," lowering the skill needed for a successful malf AI round. If would go into more detail but it would just end up a rant.

Now, seeing a single hacked APC five minutes into the round and screaming "AIMALFBLOWTHEBORGSKILL" Is bad and unfun for all parties.

But having to skip around ignoring the hundred or so hacked APC's because the Cap says "AIs are not know to malfunction, blahblah leave it alone" is also extremely bad.

I would like it changed, only minor though, have it along the lines of that the exact way it happens is not known but there have been "incidents" with AI units going crazy. It needs to be vague but clear that AI units sometimes do go nuts.

Sorry if it isn't very clear, should be in bed.

When anti-NT sentiment is reported, who is it reported to and who is supposed to respond?

Both IA and Sec are more often than not RP'ed as civilian rights supporters. IA is even used interchangeably for the public defender.

HoP is also frequently a person who will seize the moral high ground.

Who is left to be the company cynics with the mandate to quell dissent? Or am I reading the anti-subversion paragraph too strict?

Internal Affairs, Security and the HoP are all civil rights supports, yes. In character at least.

You get your company cynics in OOC form. Security are vicious shitbags, IA Agents are ineffectual, incompetant or grey-tiders and the HoP never takes an interest.

There's your idealism/cynicism balancing!

Edit: Also as far as anti-NT sentiment being reported: Go to IA if the guy hasn't done anything overtly criminal yet. Go to Sec if the guy's rabble-rousing.

Although both act in opposition to civil rights, I don't think that you can say that incompetent security/IA is the same as the NSA-type that in good RP is adressing anti-NT sentiment voiced in casual conversation.

Taken from the "identifying antag" page:

"Syndicate agents may spread lies and rumours to make you loose confidence in NT and your superiors. Report anyone attempting to bring NT into disrepute. This may be as simple as taking a jumpsuit from a Head, to fabricating stories of NT running illegal black-op Death Squads."

Let's say that a person is talking about the Death Squads and then being reported. To whom will that report go to and what part of the staff will respond with what mandate?

This has little to do with breaking space law. It is explicitly stated that NT has a policy on this and you would have to stretch space law to cover it. Not quite slander. The wiki clearly indicates that the NT will actively repress such "lies", but with a station with senior staff who are mostly idealists, the closest thing is NT Rep and IAA. However, they half way regarded as union representatives.

TLDR; Who are the good-RP "NT-company-line" douchebags to follow up on the creepy parts of the wiki?

• 2 weeks later...

Let's say that a person is talking about the Death Squads and then being reported. To whom will that report go to and what part of the staff will respond with what mandate?

TLDR; Who are the good-RP "NT-company-line" douchebags to follow up on the creepy parts of the wiki?

Generally this in an RP concern. Reporting such things to Centcomm would result in black marks on your record, and may be a reason why you appear on the Reliable Sources ™ report at round start. HoPs etc may use this as grounds to not promote/transfer people.

Depending on the round type, and/or current events, it may be a reason for ERT or other NT...assets...to chase your character.

The NT Rep and IAA will generally be in charge of discrediting them. Reports to Centcomm will generally result in a reply telling them to discredit them, and possible command reports telling the crew that the DS do not exist.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use