Pepperspray = Countered by Masks and Helmets Only

Streaky Haddock

I'd like to see pepper-spray used against more than just officers power-tripping against a helpless prisoner. Make it so the only hat that protects against pepperspray are spacesuit helmets, sec/riot helmets and welding masks (flipped down). Glasses except the Chemist's Purple Goggles and welding goggles (flipped down) shouldn't protect against pepper spray since they aren't 'sealed'.

As it is, if you're wearing ANY kind of hat, mask or glasses, you are protected from the spray.

This is in light of the recent changes Ponies is making to Stunbatons (which are no longer instant stuns). Pepper spray is mostly regarded as useless amongst Security and this would give them more versatility.

I am aware that this would change how all sprays would work, but most chemists used acid which melts masks anyway. Seeing sprays used in a healing manner would be neat, and I'd personally like to see more variety in the array of poisonings I see beyond deathstings and polyacid.

Gasmasks should also still protect. \

The armoury also needs a reskined extinguisher filled with pepper spray. And a black plastic baton that does some brute damage and knocks people backwards.

I like the idea of making pepperspray usefull. :!:

Gasmasks should also still protect. \
Yes, I agree. :)

The armoury also needs a reskined extinguisher filled with pepper spray. And a black plastic baton that does some brute damage and knocks people backwards.
Yes, if peppersprays become usefull, security WILL fill em with pepperspray. A reskinned extinguisher with perrerspray would be preferable. 8-)

I don't know about the batons though, I don't like the idea of hurting folks unessecary... :cry:

Well, they would only really be useful in a riot situation where you need to get some distance and help deter the crowd. Wouldn't be a very good baton for normal use, they would just fly away from you!

If I remember correctly, Riot, Security and Swat helmets along with Earmuffs and Sun/Secglasses reduce the stun time from flashbangs. Its why sec officers are normally only knocked down for a second or two when caught in a flashbang.

I know that. I would like riot helmets, specifically, to be immune. As in "with no effect".

I remember reading that the downtime when wearing proper gear is 5 seconds (compared to normal 15 second). I think the current implementation is faster.

This is of course ample time compared to whoever lays on the ground for longer than you. However, it breaks formation and allows those who were out of range of the flashbang to run, scatter or seize the initiative. I think that this is too easy win over a security crew in full riot gear, and it would vastly increase the utility of riot gear.

Flashbangs now enable throw once primed, so you just use the flashbang in your hand and click where you want to throw it - much simpler.

Yep, but its hard to work out where to throw em, they can hit pretty much anything, they don't work very well with doors...ect.

A bit off-topic, but are there descriptions of the changes to stun and cuff on this forum or the wiki? If not, can you give the short version?
They are basicly starting to gradually remove instant stun effect, if I understand correctly.

Facts - It's getting harder for security:

Stun baton now does damage as a taser. So repeated use must be applied to "down" criminal scum. They heal back quick though. :oops:

To cuff, yer need to grab the criminal scum, upgrade the grab, change hands, and use a pair of cuffs on them. Now... "drop" yer grip on them and pull them to the brig. :x

Fj45: Just step "into" the doorway, arm and throw the flashbang, step out, close door if the criminal scum tries to flee out your doorway.

Note: I want a "Fire in the Hole!" hail-message on the mask! :idea:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use