Traitor Suggestion (Objectiveless Traitors)

IamnotDave

I think I have a good, simple idea that can make being an Traitor more fun: No Objectives in some rounds.

Hear me out here, I think that there should be a small-ish chance (one in five?) that traitors get no objectives for them to complete, they have to make their own up. In the beginning, instead of the usual here's your uplink code and objectives stuff, people can get a message telling them to make their own objectives up. If done well this could make for some very interesting (or strange) rounds, but, depending on the players it could be used as a mere murderboning excuse. (I don't know how to rectify that, does anyone have any way to limit it? Can you tell me?)

This should be relativley simple to code in (as far as coding goes, that stuff's a pain) and there could be limitless possibilities for entertainment for the antags and crew alike.

We admins sometimes alter objectives, especially when targets go ssd, or we're just made a new player a traitor manually.

One of my traitors had the objective to release a hundred tribbles on the station.

I've got an idea to fix that problem, give the traitors a panel that'll pop up and let them choose who they'd like to assassinate/steal from. And as for stealing items they'd get a panel of high-risk items to choose from.

I've got an idea to fix that problem, give the traitors a panel that'll pop up and let them choose who they'd like to assassinate/steal from. And as for stealing items they'd get a panel of high-risk items to choose from.

I'm not sure about that, I intended for this to make antags more unpredictable and creative. Things like an animal rights activist looking to free all test subject animals, a mime seeking revenge on the clown, making an example of them for the mime revoultion or a cannibal surgeon looking to eat peoples organs during surgery would be examples.

I'm not sure about that, I intended for this to make antags more unpredictable and creative. Things like an animal rights activist looking to free all test subject animals, a mime seeking revenge on the clown, making an example of them for the mime revoultion or a cannibal surgeon looking to eat peoples organs during surgery would be examples.

It sounds nice but how would you prevent a traitor from just saying "LEL KILL EVERYTHING IS MY OBJECTIVE!!!1"

Yeah, first thing I thought when I saw objectiveless traitors was that'll lead to murderboning. But I can see where you're coming from and like the idea, so I gave it some thought. The only way around it I can see would be with admin involvement

The way around it would be to start them off with a message along the lines of 'You have been planted on the station by the Syndicate in order to cause trouble for NT. You have some discretion in how to go about this, but confirm any plans with Syndicate HQ before proceeding'. You could have a feature in the syndie part of the pda that allows you to send a message to 'Syndicate HQ' (admins) which you use to send in your plans. The admins could then approve the plans and make them official objectives, or deny them and set objectives of their own.

The one issue is the level of admin input required, would need to hear their opinions on it and whether it would be feasable

The way around it would be to start them off with a message along the lines of 'You have been planted on the station by the Syndicate in order to cause trouble for NT. You have some discretion in how to go about this, but confirm any plans with Syndicate HQ before proceeding'. You could have a feature in the syndie part of the pda that allows you to send a message to 'Syndicate HQ' (admins) which you use to send in your plans. The admins could then approve the plans and make them official objectives, or deny them and set objectives of their own.

The one issue is the level of admin input required, would need to hear their opinions on it and whether it would be feasable

That actually sounds really good! Anyone else got a suggestion? Any coders know how feasible this could be? Any admins willing to do this?

Coding it wouldn't be a problem - admin's can already set custom objectives and there's already methods for sending admins ic messages (prayers, faxes to centcom), it's just a case of editing the syndi page of the pda to check the round type and if it's this one add a message button that contacts the admins. I'm still fairly new to ss13 programming and I could handle that without too much difficulty.

I'd want admin feedback on the idea before I did though, as it does put more work on them

As that would require an admin with permissions to be logged in for it to work, I don't like the idea of it. Objectiveless antags have been discussed, and due to murderboning, dismissed.

I do like the idea of "contact syndicate HQ" as an objective however - as it is a difficult one, and can lead to more fun, but as long as there is no guarantee of a reply it'd work.

Perhaps, "Transmit the following code (purple waffles) to the Syndicate by emagging the command console"?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use