Reaver antag

Dark lord derpy

So I had a horrifying antag Idea, Reavers, like the ones from firefly.

What the reavers are: Once human beings the reavers have become, through injection of a chemical, insane torture killing machines who wear human flesh and take captives, the lucky are killed and eaten, but occasionally, they inject them with the chemical driving them to become a new reaver. Reavers are not subtle antags, they board the ship and cause mass chaos, sorta like nukeops sometimes. Reavers are resistant to stun and pain as they are so used to torture.

Objectives: Reavers have objectives involving collection of trophies and people, some example objectives would be

Capture alive a tajaran female

Escape with a unathi skin

collect 3 left hands

have 4 human meat on the ship at the end of the round

turn 4 people into reavers.

Torture a male human (something like the traitor "make an example of" missions)

Im thinking that these objectives are individual for reavers, they spawn in a team of about 3-6, they can work together as a team if they wish, or they could focus on the objective they are given.

Reaver equipment: the reaver ship comes stocked with a surgical area, meat hooks and stuff and is covered in blood and bones, the reavers can make and start with some special items.

Skinning knife: after hanging a target up on a rack/meat hooks the reaver can skin a target, which can be made into clothing, skin clothing causes nausia in non-reavers

barbed handcuffs: for restraining foes, causes occasional brute damage to hands, especially when they resist

Scarification knife:the scarification knife is used to create scars (duh) and its use is addictive, the scars have little ingame effect but perhaps make scars on the sprite, when examined it tells how scarred they are, scarred foes are easier to make into reavers. the addiction causes the reaver to occasionally use the knife on himself if possible

Reaver Injection: reaver injections are made from reaver blood or something, it causes the target to turn into a reaver, however, most people will resist the injection, the more pain the target is in, the more likely the injection is to succeed, for this reason, its best for reavers to torture targets before the injection.

Reavers are considered a myth by most of Nanotrasen, however, shooting them on sight with lethal weapons is authorized

I like this idea, I feel like it fits well with SS13's silly tendency to pull content from various different scifi.

Though I don't see an "escape" objective being consistent with the lore. Don't reavers just murderbone until they run out of people to attack?

While I like this idea, as I really love just how horrifying the Reavers from Firefly can be, I cannot possibly see this being a gamemode in itself. As it has been said, it sounds like it would be abused and used as an excuse to murderbone. Perhaps this could be a minor admin event, but other than that, I don't see this coming to fruition any time soon.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use