Abuse on discord

Nekko

Admin(s) Key: I have no idea
Your ckey (Byond username): it was discord not game. 
Your Discord name (if applicable): Nekko#8437

Date(s) of incident (GMT preferred): 9 32 gmt-4

Nature of complaint: I literally commented on discord that my friend who just got into space station got banned for an unfriendly name and I asked him to be unbanned, fair enough. Then this admin literally brings it back up and he makes a bad comment about my friend talking how it's his fault when he literally didn't even have 30 minutes in the game and had no idea what to do or how to do. I took offense in that and he told me to not to talk about it even though he kept talking about it. Now how is that fair? literally you can't keep talking about it and ask the other person to shut up, this is just abuse, is he just gonna blame it on me and not allow me to talk about it? And well I didn't actually kept talking about the ban I told him he was baiting me into talking and it was unfair for him to keep talking and telling me to shut up because it's clearly frustrating and unfair on me and he literally banned me for that. 

Brief description (tl;dr here. Just the critical elements): i ask my friend to be unbanned, I'm told to stfu admin brings the topic back up, blames it on my friend tells me to shut up i tell him that's unfair and he's baiting me and he bans me right after with no warning or whatever. 

Full description of events: well i wrote it in the nature of complaint oof

• Salt 1

Your Discord name (if applicable):

Kapra#0987 / Culty Abby

Involvment in incident:

Admin involvement, witness

Disagreement with described events:

Within Discord, you were talking about a ban that your friend had gotten. Both myself and @Xerdies was alerted to it by the mentors. You were both demanding that we sort the ban out for your friend as they were only banned for having an inappropriate name (Fur ry) which is both against our server rules, and the discord rules. You were even calling the admin in question who had done it a "dickhead admin"

Both myself and Xerdies warned you multiple times to stop and for your friend to write up a ban appeal. You stated that he would not do it, to which both myself and Xerdies said that it is his decision if he doesn't want to do it. You continued however with stating "There are other servers". When both of us had confirmed that in a "You are right, you're free to go anytime". You instead tried to continue it by claiming that Xerdies was "Baiting" you, that it was his fault. There was no baiting, you were insulting and being condescending against two admins both attempting to help and warn you about the rules.

Edited by Abydos

Hi there.

The rules here are pretty clear. They literally say: Bans and other punishments should be between the administrator team and the player, please do not discuss any active bans or disciplinary actions in this Discord.

Calling an admin a dickhead is literally a pretty bad idea.

You claim you were not warned. This is an outright lie. Here's a selection of times you were literally warned. 

ZixToday at 10:50 AM

do not discuss bans in discord

Culty AbbyToday at 10:56 AM

@Nekko Bans are to be handled on the forums here. https://nanotrasen.se/forum/55-unban-requests/ Please do not talk about any bans on discord, especially when you are insulting an admin.

4) Bans and other punishments should be between the administrator team and the player, please do not discuss any active bans or disciplinary actions in this Discord

Xerdies (Toodles)Today at 10:56 AM

Exactly.

Now drop this topic.

Culty AbbyToday at 10:57 AM

Again, this topic is not being brought up on here.

Xerdies (Toodles)Today at 10:57 AM

@Nekko Last warning.

When admins (and the rules..and mentors and players) literally tell you not to do something, you shouldn't do it. It's in fact, literally in the rules, to follow admin instructions. If they tell you to drop something, you drop it. Technically speaking, you could have been banned from the discord for breaking the rules in the first place. Instead you were given multiple warnings and pointed to the rules, which you continued to break.

In this case, all that was needed was for your friend to post an appeal as requested. 

There is no merit to this complaint. You broke the rules and were warned repeatedly.

• Abydos locked this topic