Name Ban Request: (Garry Griffon)

mcmuffinman3d

Byond Key: mcmuffinman3d

IC Name for Review: Garry Griffon

Race: Human

Is this a Mime or Clown Job Name? No

Reason/Backstory: Earlier today I was playing as the character Garry Griffon as the role of captain when early in the round I was PMd by Spacemanspark that my name was inappropriate, it had to be changed, and I was never allowed to use it again. As I often do, Garry Griffon at the time was wearing the Griffon suit from the autodrobe. I understand that this name/suit combination might have been too silly or inappropriate for a command role, however, when I questioned further, I was told I was not allowed to use the name regardless of the circumstances. While I get that the character would not be allowed in a command role, I would like to request to be allowed to use the character in more minor roles such as Assistant, Medical Doctor, or Scientist.

The name by itself is fine, i know a few griffons IRL. Feel free to use it.

Command has a higher level of responsibility, of course. Dressing up as a griffon goes well outside the expected behavior.

In general you're expected to RP as an employee of a corporation. Dressing upas a griffon should be reserved for clowns and unemployed civilians.

Please keep in mind the environment we're going for and respect that going forward and I'm sure all will be fine.

Hopefully you'll get a role of the griffon in a rare superhero round.

The owl is watching.

• Like 1

• Abydos locked this topic