Aiding and Abetting

Veloxi

I debated making this another post on Tales from Shitcurity, but this is worth a thread by itself.

I was playing Katlyn Hudson, Head of Personnel.
The round was going OK, except for a Clown breaking into my office once.
Then there was some downtime, and I get a PDA from Ssegorath Esskor, a friend of Katlyn's.

(This is to the best of my recall...)
Esskor: hudson
Katlyn: what's up?
Esskor: i need a solid
Katlyn: come to the line
Esskor: i don't need access
Katlyn: what do you need?
Esskor: i need access
Esskor: can I have all access?
Katlyn: of course not, what do you need All-Access for?
Esskor: what would you give me?
Katlyn: depends on what you ask for when you came to the line
(some delay)
Katlyn: are you coming to the line or not, silly?
Esskor: can't i'm on the run

I didn't respond to that final message. Some time later, I get messages from a different PDA:

(Again, to the best of my recall...)
Curt: i still need that favor
Curt: my other pda got taken

I didn't respond to either of these messages.

Twenty minutes later, security shows up to search and arrest me.
Charges? Aiding and abetting the Changeling Esskor.

Note well:
Esskor had asked me for All-Access via PDA and I said No.
He never came to the Head of Personnel line.
I never saw him in person during the entire round.

I tried explaining my situation; to the arresting officer, to the HoS, to the IAA, and even to the Magistrate.
No dice, I still spent the second half of the round in Perma, and went to the shuttle in cuffs.

The only real solace here? This wasn't targeted shitcurity, I wasn't a special case.
Security was pure shitcurity, through and through, to everybody, for the entire round.
CC vacated a case against Blipblop for an illegal search on Green.
It took another 10 minutes after CC's announcement, and a reminder from the AI that CC orders are not suggestions, for Blipblop to get released.
Catherine Ward was also Perma'd for "aiding and abetting"; for PDA messages to an EoC calling them an idiot.
And these are only the other cases that I know about.
Pretty sure I saw a slime person try to commit suicide in perma; I don't know what his story was.

Don't get me wrong, a false arrest and time in brig/perma isn't necessarily a problem.
The whole falsely accused and later exonerated can make for an interesting role-playing experience.
It can even be satisfying to watch those who falsely arrested you apologize and eat crow for being shitcurity.

But half a round in perma for properly doing my job as Head of Personnel?
Yeah, I need a break from that role for awhile.

• Like 2

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use