skb

Admin(s) Key: Spacemanspark, 6TheChamp9
Your ckey (Byond username): Skb
Your Discord name (if applicable): Skb 

Date(s) of incident (GMT preferred): 10:00PM GMT

Nature of complaint:
clarification required, abuse of powers, feedback

Brief description (tl;dr here. Just the critical elements):
I made a reasonable request for the nuke codes after an ascendant ling was reported by command. The intent was to nuke the station after the crew was evacuated. I was instantly bluespaced, and subsequently disabled for about a minute, which could have jeopardized my experience if the thralls or ling were nearby. I do not suspect the admin had enough time to consider the implications of their actions, or the reason for my request of the codes.

Full description of events:

Request sent.

Nuclear Self Destruct Codes Requested

The codes for the on-station nuclear self-destruct have been requested by Jemmy Whittier. Confirmation or denial of this request will be sent shortly.

[Security] Sergeant-at-Armsky says, "Detaining level -1 scumbag Armando Sulyard in the Hydroponics."

Rajnal Njarir' Akhan asks, "So what's going on?"

[Common] [Bartender] Atlas Aegon  says, "Well shit."

[Common] [Atmospheric Technician] Lita ''Lucky'' Quinn  says, "WHAT"

You've been hit by bluespace artillery!

Current Admins (2):
Spacemanspark is a Game Admin
6TheChamp9 is a Game Admin

• Salt 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hi there, apologies for late delays. I got most of the info but ssethtide has been overwhelming.

I spoke to both admins online, Spark was the one behind it and stated his reasoning was because they had not yet ascended. Nuclear annihilation of the station generally requires a threat to that degree. Not knowing whether or not the captain is a thrall, and not seeing ascension yet, CC's response is to cripple the (potential) thrall trying to nuke the station. 

This is quite inline with NT and CC"s general policy of being "corrupt, corporate assholes". 

I'm quite ok with what Spark did, and would remind everyone to be very, very, careful, before asking for the nuclear codes. A message to CC first, and ERT, are generally the best measures to take - and getting ERT to agree that there is no better option.

• Thanks 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use