Port TG's Disarm Intent Rework

SkeletalElite

This is the PR I'm referring to: https://github.com/tgstation/tgstation/pull/42958

No more RNG disarming. If you want to stun someone with disarms you have to push them into a wall or table. This also make's disarm intent more of a defensive tool than an offensive tool, so it discourages valid hunting.

• Thanks 1
  • Salt 1

Sounds like a really interesting rework that would spice up combat a little, disarms having to be tactically used for a combat advantage rather than a wild spam. Gives an interesting change to running away from an attacker too.
I'm a bit wary about how much knockdown it would cause, if any downing at all;
On one hand, disarm needs to be able to put people on the ground so the people blankly standing on harm intent in narrow corridors don't become impassable.
On the other hand, a full knockdown is really strong, especially if its spammable. I don't imagine a Nukie would be happy stunlocked because they got disarm pushed into a wall.

I like the direction, though.

Edited by Pckables

22 minutes ago, Pckables said:

Sounds like a really interesting rework that would spice up combat a little, disarms having to be tactically used for a combat advantage rather than a wild spam. Gives an interesting change to running away from an attacker too.
I'm a bit wary about how much knockdown it would cause, if any downing at all;
 On one hand, disarm needs to be able to put people on the ground so the people blankly standing on harm intent in narrow corridors don't become impassable.
 On the other hand, a full knockdown is really strong, especially if its spammable. I don't imagine a Nukie would be happy stunlocked because they got disarm pushed into a wall.

I like the direction, though.

The best part about it is that while the change is pretty controversial on TG, I think it fits perfectly here. One of the major complaints is that disarming is the main defense against mass murderboning but thats frowned up/ generally against the rules in most scenarios here anyways.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use