Tajaran Tweaks

Nakhi

This was just sort of some thoughts that came to mind this morning. I was thinking about the Tajaran and looking over different racial things for the non-karma locked races, and thought about maybe a couple things to add on to make the cats more, well, cat-like rather than the thickly furred humans they seem to be like. Let me just say it's 3:10 am right now, so these probably aren't nearly as coherent as they could be.

1.) Retractable Claws

Just a thought, and probably impossible/difficult to code, but I guess first and foremost would be a sort of work around from the gloves in a way that balances (sort of). As I said, more cat-like was what I was aiming for, and I figure this could be one of the higher up things among that. Way I am thinking of it would be, perhaps, when they're extended gloves can't be worn normally, but while retracted they can be, but they can't be extended with gloves on. Probably a pointless idea, but sort of a way to get around accidental scratching and the damage that it could cause unintentionally.

2.) Passive Leap

Sort of like the Vox, but weaker. The description for the Vox leap does say (roughly) "Gibberish-x leaps aggressively at Greytide McGriffin". So my thought is something like that, but without necessarily being aggressive by nature. With a chance of missing entirely and going rolling across the floor of course, because it can still be amusing to watch that. This thought comes to mind mostly because Security is ending up half Tajaran half the time and being able to leap could make them more efficient. Of course, the flip-side on this is griefers having easier access to such a thing and jumping at people, but that's part of why I mentioned a chance of missing.

Anyway, that's really all that came to mind and I'd like some feedback, if only to tell me that I should get to sleep and stop trying to come up with things.

Having a leap would be nice or maybe call it pounce it would suit their cat like abilities very well but the Retractable Claws seems pointless and would just lead to people being confused to whether their claws are out or not.

I think it would be easier to make suggestions if you wanted the Tajarans to fit into some kind of niche. Like the Diona are stalwart, immortal but slow; the Vox are spacefarers who dominate close combat but need internals constantly, IPCs are delicate but easily repaired and the Kidan are hard to harm, but bleed out really quickly.

What niche do you think the Tajaran should fill without overlapping with the other species?

Having a leap would be nice or maybe call it pounce it would suit their cat like abilities very well but the Retractable Claws seems pointless and would just lead to people being confused to whether their claws are out or not.

What niche do you think the Tajaran should fill without overlapping with the other species?

The claws were that very thought really. As I said, 3:20 in the morning and thoughts weren't all there, I was just throwing a few thoughts that I had partially worked out and seeing how it was received. Really I wasn't aiming for a specific niche, just trying to make cats a bit more like cats I guess.

It would suit better to let tajara have a sprint verb that can be used if both hands are empty, that's when the cat goes 4x4 mode and does the same kind of drag racing action as every cat owner is familiar with. it's nice to wake up to the sound of a cat smashing into chairs with MACH-10 speeds.

Basically use the office chair + fire extinguisher code for it

It would suit better to let tajara have a sprint verb that can be used if both hands are empty.

I don't think that's a good idea, just imagine security trying to catch a tajaran with that it would be worse than freaking carts. also if they were to do that I think they should wait for a race that's similar to a Rhino or is known for charging.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use