Add the baystation atmos

Harmony

2 minutes ago, Fursamie said:

Adding to what calecute said, unless there is an obstacle infront of you (window, wall, etc), you SHOULD be flying out

A single toolbox hit to the head should also have a risk of death, a single gunshot to the head a huge one, and NT should have enough space suits for everyone on board.

Just because it's realistic doesn't mean it's how we should do things in the game - we're not going for that degree of realism. 

5 minutes ago, Fursamie said:

Granted it's no fun but being killed by a metal rod because of fastmos isn't fun either.

Fun>Realism.

I do agree that we shouldn't aim simply for realism, but I did raise some gameplay reasons. And as I said there a lot of things that are not fun but are allowed under circumstances. It's not like it's easy to cause a breach by accident. If breaches were more dangerous things like breaching escape would only be allowed if you have hijack.

Breaches in my experience are caused mainly by science explosion, either with experimentor, toxins or scichem, and usually lead to people there being dead or in crit regardless of the breach; By xeno building a kill pen; ussually the xeno escapes in good health, he would die with the changes, but he also wouldn’t' build the kill pen. In maint by someone trying to get somewhere, like vault, or to space, this usually don’t kill anyone, and in the new system wouldn't ussually kill anyone either, since we'd add firelocks in maint. It would just put parts on maint out of comission; By an antag setting a big bomb, this usually kill lots of people, but in the new system would kill more, since people away from the explosion but in the same room wouldn't be able to escape, and people would take more time getting the hurt out because they wouldn't be able to safely open the firelock to an area. By meteors, usually not killing anyone, with the new system it would probably kill some randoms in maint more often, also put big areas in maint out of commission. It would probably kill some sec and/or perma prisoners if they do not take precautions. It would more often trap people in arrivals, and kill randoms in escape. People would need to be more careful and avoid being near the hull. 

Also we'd probably see breaches used to kill more often, and I don't think that's necessarily bad. But as I said, only in small areas, because you can't breach a big area and kill lots just to get your target. And breaching escape will probably become meta for hijack.

I don't think the changes are overall negative. The only thing about the change that would really bother me is the breaching escape hijack meta. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use