Syndicate Borers

SkeletalElite

So this is an idea for a mid round antag thats a little more serious than regular borers.

Basically they'd be special borers that can't reproduce but get some more special abilities. They were genetically engineered by the syndicate to get something done for the syndicate.

• They would have access to a wider and more useful range of chemicals (to the borer, not the host)
  • They would be better at taking over hosts and keeping them under control when not taking direct control
  • They would have actual objectives to do bad stuff rather than reproduce, be best friends with host
  • Also can't reproduce like regular borers
Edited by SkeletalElite

IMO, they should be able of reproducing so that the crew has a harder time telling if it is normal borers or syndicate borers, casting doubt on every borer round and hopefully cutting back on the people that just run into maint to get infected.

I like the idea, it's like a holoparasite that gives you chems instead of directly attacking people, slaved to its owner rather than given a generic goal.

If the owner gets put in processing, they can slither into the officers ear, take control, and release their master.
As a fail safe, the borer should probably be prevented from dominating its master.

Edited by Pckables

1 hour ago, Pckables said:

I like the idea, it's like a holoparasite that gives you chems instead of directly attacking people, slaved to its owner rather than given a generic goal.

If the owner gets put in processing, they can slither into the officers ear, take control, and release their master.
As a fail safe, the borer should probably be prevented from dominating its master.

I was thinking of this as more of its own antag, but it could be a cool traitor item too. Like give it better healing chems like omnizine and stuff. Thatd be cool.

13 minutes ago, SkeletalElite said:

I was thinking of this as more of its own antag, but it could be a cool traitor item too. Like give it better healing chems like omnizine and stuff. Thatd be cool.

Depending on the chems it gets, it sounds like it could be worth between 10-15 TC.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use