IPCs Programming gameplay mechanic

Coloss260

Hello,

Today, I decided to add a disability to my IPC character : Tourette. I had to ask an admin to turn it off with some Repair RP at Robotics because it was REALLY annoying ( thx Heroo btw), so an idea came in my mind : Why not adding Programming to IPCs, like Genetics do to Organics, for Roboticists or even another job ?

A new machine is then created. We put an IPC or IRC inside it, then we can program its code through here (maybe like Genetics?) to add some good or bad perks :

Some good perks :

• Nightvision,
  • Auto Cell charge (no need to eat electricity from APCs),
  • Toolset or Surgery implant (add one of those implants for the left hand)
  • Auto Repair (only for brute damage and when damage can be repaired with a welding tool),
  • Faster Charging (drink electricity from APCs faster),
  • Faster Recovery (makes the IPC recover faster from stuns).

Some bad perks :

• Arms malfunction (automatically and randomly drop objects held by the player),
  • Legs malfunction (automatically and randomly make the player fall on the ground for a period between 5 to 20 seconds),
  • Optical sensors deactivation (makes the IPC blind),
  • Ears sensors deactivation (makes the IPC deaf),
  • Speaking Errors (makes the IPC talk like this H%#3ll0?! w0%&rl?!d !)
  • Speaking Malfunctions (prevent the IPC from understanding Trinary or Galactic Common (like he is not in the specie that use it)).

Perks can be added or removed as you wish, that's just an idea of what I would see ^^

Edited by Coloss260

• 2 weeks later...

Unfortunately "IPC only genetics" is some serious snowflake code bloat on a species already notorious for the damage it does the codebase, and it's probably just not worth the time. Conceptually I like it, but the code required to replace one job for one species is basically a nonstarter.

Maybe someday someone will port nanites.

I agree with Ziiro, but:

On 8/19/2018 at 9:25 PM, Coloss260 said:

• Auto Cell charge (no need to eat electricity from APCs),
  • Toolset or Surgery implant (add one of those implants for the left hand)
  • Auto Repair (only for brute damage and when damage can be repaired with a welding tool),

How is that exactly a programming feature?)

I imagine something like:

Camera virus - allows to remotely view from other ipcs with virus

Circuits overheating - sets ipc on fire

Fans overdrive - fire resistance

Leg motor overdrive - makes him faster

Optical processing - said nightvision/thermalvision

Optical processing v2.0 - xray

Bump limit - mute

Etc, that was just for fun. Or new "programmer" job or features also allows to programm borgs, bots, computers and so on and accidentally has a lot to do 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use