Xenobiology created creatures should be the more advanced versions rather than the simple ones.

EmanTheAlmighty

When for example a xenomorph or a terror spider is created through xenobiology, they should be the more advanced versions rather than the simple mobs.

What this means is that for example, xenos created through xenobiology can be effortlessly used to extract their abilities.

If a terror spider or an alien drone is given intelligence by a traitor, it could actually start a threat, since they can use their abilities. (alien drone could evolve into a queen and start havoc, all of this thanks to the xenobiologist)

I just don't see why the simpler versions used for the AI controlled ones would spawn rather than the real deal, it would add much more depth to what you can do with them.

It's like that for the same reason that gateway terror spiders aren't controllable when they hatch on the station, so that people don't constantly start xeno/terror outbreaks.

I'm not saying that all of them would be player controlled from the start (nor would they be aggressive from the start, either), just have them be the actual ones rather than the simpler versions, that's all I ask. Right now, it's dull, while it could be awesome.

Keep in mind that player controlled xenobiology creatures would actually only be able to start outbreaks if the owner is a traitor, which doesn't happen often.

Any creature created through a xenobiology player controlled creature would count as owned by the xenobiologist, so they wouldn't do anything either. 

IF a xenobiologist had made some player controlled xenos / terror spiders earlier and an actual outbreak happens as a random event, then the player controlled creatures would break out of their "debt" and give the outbreak a small headstart, turning against their creators.

It would add a lot of danger and actual important to xenobiology. As it stands, I see way too many xenobiologists make lots of mobs through gold slimes, sometimes even letting them roam outside the cells, too.

Also, with this, I'd suggest giving the other creatures (mega space carps, panthers, space bears, normal spiders, ect) an overhaul as well for when they're player controlled. This is mostly for those abilities that are observed being done by their AI counterparts (like making webs, crawling through vents, ect) that can't be done once you start controlling them. They should also be able to regenerate health overtime.

I know this would take a lot of work and time to add, but it would definitely be worth it, in my opinion.

• 4 weeks later...

I'd like to add that despite virology being traitor often enough, massive deadly outbreaks still don't happen all that often unless a hijack is involved.

We could make this work, if only through certain rules being in place specifying WHEN someone is allowed to start a xeno outbreak.

Xenomorphs created in xenobio are 'fake' simple ones to prevent them from laying eggs and triggering full xeno outbreaks. Xenobio makes monsters every round. If every other round had a xeno queen that laid eggs, every other round would become a xeno round, and players would not like that.

Terror spiders cannot be created in xenobio (or any other method in science).

Xenos and terror spiders are already intelligent, lore-wise.

Terror spiders that grow up (from spiderling to spider) in the gateway are not player-controllable. Characters bitten by a white spider in gateway who run to station will die from the infection, rather than bursting. In general, I made it hard to use the terror spider gateway to trigger an infestation of the main station.

There is no such thing as a non-aggressive terror spider. I greatly dislike the fact that it is even possible to create non-aggressive xenomorphs in xenobio. IMHO the fact that non-aggressive versions of xenomorphs exist robs them of much of their fear and intimidation factor.

Normal space spiders are quite simply not intended for player control. Aside from having no means to heal themselves, they also have no way to ventcrawl or open doors, resulting in them being stuck in the room they spawn in 95% of the time. Space carp and other simple monsters tend to be the same way. They're not coded for, or intended for, player control. Addressing the coding part wouldn't make them good candidates for player control without substantial mechanics tweaks. If we were going to tweak them that much - we might as well just make new monsters at that point.

It would be nice if xenobio could make nasty monsters. Something more dangerous than current fare. Xenomorphs/tspiders that can reproduce, though, are too dangerous for xenobio to be able to make.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use