Normalyman

Calibraptor

Admin Key: Normalyman

Complaint: So I'm making this complaint for three reasons, regarding my recent declined appeal.

1) Normalyman never bothered to check if there were any attempted connections by Senrain after the ban was applied. I simply never came back on the ckey and was completely unaware that I was actually permanently banned for being rude to a mentor. So my permaban for ban evasion is invalid.

2) I clearly stated that I was unaware that my vernacular was against the rules, never at any point in the appeal did I state I intended to continue my behavior. Sorry if the conciseness of my appeal offended you. Would an 'I'm sorry' or 'I don't intend to do this again; appended to the end appease you? I thought my intentions were self explanatory when I made the appeal but apparently I need to prostrate myself.

Mind you, this is a videogame, and I treat it like one, so the level of grim seriousness people seem to treat imaginary space racism strikes me as humorous. I thought the sole reason I was banned was that 'ligger' was adopted from a far more offensive word, not just the fact I was discriminating against non-humans.

3) There's nothing in the rules that states that PMs have any bearing on an appeal. The fact that Normalyman cherrypicked from the PMs I sent him comes across to me as really manipulative and scummy.

I'll go ahead and post the full PMs, keep in mind that I'm a little bit upset over the denied appeal and the seemingly false accusation leveled against my person.

https://i.gyazo.com/834c711c63e98fb96ba4494f4cc40662.png

30 minutes ago, Calibraptor said:

1) Normalyman never bothered to check if there were any attempted connections by Senrain after the ban was applied. I simply never came back on the ckey and was completely unaware that I was actually permanently banned for being rude to a mentor. So my permaban for ban evasion is invalid.

When you have multiple accounts, some with bans, and connect with a new one, we assume ban evasion. Generally a reasonable assumption in 99% of cases. You appear to be in the 1%, something that could be easily explained as you have. No need for a complaint, it can be handled and explained in an appeal. Regardless of whether it's intentional ban evasion or not, it's still ban evasion, and the original ban on your account needs to be addressed before you can play.

I clearly stated that I was unaware that my vernacular was against the rules, never at any point in the appeal did I state I intended to continue my behavior. Sorry if the conciseness of my appeal offended you. Would an 'I'm sorry' or 'I don't intend to do this again; appended to the end appease you? I thought my intentions were self explanatory when I made the appeal but apparently I need to prostrate myself.

Mind you, this is a videogame, and I treat it like one, so the level of grim seriousness people seem to treat imaginary space racism strikes me as humorous. I thought the sole reason I was banned was that 'ligger' was adopted from a far more offensive word, not just the fact I was discriminating against non-humans.

The fact you're discriminating against non humans is not the reason for the ban. ("Interspecies racism is allowed (so long as no other Rules are broken), as it is considered IC") The rules state that's acceptable, and no one is treating that with "grim seriousness". The rules however explicitly state you're not to use terms like "faggot" and "ligger". For someone who has played over 3 separate accounts over 3 years, you really should know the rules. Ligger is explicitly in the rules as unacceptable, as is faggot. You were not banned for "literal fursecution". You were banned for racist and homophobic comments - generally regarded as a scummy way of acting.

3) There's nothing in the rules that states that PMs have any bearing on an appeal. The fact that Normalyman cherrypicked from the PMs I sent him comes across to me as really manipulative and scummy.

Your overall behavior on the server, and as a person, has a bearing in on an appeal. Whether this is in game, in PMs to admins, on reddit, or you coming into my house and shitting on my carpet - these can all affect whether or not you're to be deemed as wanted on the server. The fact you'd call a mentor - someone who is answering questions and helping people - an asshole, shows us that you're a pretty awful person. Calling a mentor an asshole over something they have literally no control of (They are unable to open more job slots), is a scummy thing to do. It puts me in mind of someone who screams at retail workers for store policy they can't change. This complaint here is the equivalent of "I want to talk to your manager" even though you're absolutely in the wrong, and have broken multiple rules.

This is all relevant in your appeal, because in the end, this is a private server, and it's up to server staff to decide whether or not we want you you play here. It is of the opinion of multiple server staff that we do not want you on this server, and thus normalyman was correct in refusing your appeal. It's not due to "fursecution" or "cherrypicking" or anything else except who you are as a person and how you acted.

The complaint is without merit.

Edited by necaladun
  • Like 3
  • Salt 1
  • fastparrot 1

I would like to make a few things clear after you messaged me too.

adasdasd.PNG.07ca3649779f0df4c0eeb3f3fd4c7ac7.PNG

You can scratch the ban evasion from the list of the things you have to appeal but instead add this whole conversation.
It was indeed a misstake on my end, since normally our system would ban someone who uses an alt account and I assumed it didn't happened because you evaded the ban. The true reason why your alt wasn't banned is a different though.

When it comes to the "cherry picking" I didn't realised that you sent me more than one message, because I'm not familiar with the Byond messanging system but even with the other two messages it's still appeal bumping.

And to close this off if you bump your appeal or spam the banning administrator after he declines your appeal it will have an impact on any current or future appeals.

• Like 1
  • Salt 1

The reason I ever insulted the mentor is that they seemed to be adopting a snarky attitude. I really don't care what badge somebody is wearing when they snark at me. If someone is rude to me, then they should expect I'll return the favor.

The original ban reason was for 'ligger'. Normalyman proceeded to logdive and put more evidence into the thread, denying it without giving me a chance to defend myself. So, no, I do not believe this complaint is without merit. I was never given an opportunity to respond to the additional accusations laid upon me before being given the boot.

"For someone who has played over 3 separate accounts over 3 years, you really should know the rules."

Who said I played on /your/ server for 3 years? Perhaps you should check my actual playtime before lambasting me for not memorizing the rules of a server I just started playing on.

1 minute ago, Calibraptor said:

The reason I ever insulted the mentor is that they seemed to be adopting a snarky attitude. I really don't care what badge somebody is wearing when they snark at me. If someone is rude to me, then they should expect I'll return the favor.

[04:03:02]ADMIN: PM: Senrain/(Senrain)->Rhythen/(Slith-Skaar): Asshole.

[04:02:54]ADMIN: PM: Rhythen/(Slith-Skaar)->Senrain/(Senrain): Then you will need to wait for open slots.

[04:02:39]ADMIN: PM: Senrain/(Senrain)->Rhythen/(Slith-Skaar): But I wanna play

[04:02:32]ADMIN: PM: Rhythen/(Slith-Skaar)->Senrain/(Senrain): Hit Observe.

[04:02:22]ADMIN: Mentorhelp: Senrain/(Senrain): How do I join midround if theres no open positions

That does not at all justify calling someone an asshole and leaving in a huff. That's an awful attitude to have. If you think that response from a mentor (who has NO power to open any slots) justifies you abusing them, then you're not welcome on this server at all. We do not tolerate abuse to people who take time out of their game to answer peoples questions.

1 minute ago, Calibraptor said:

The original ban reason was for 'ligger'. Normalyman proceeded to logdive and put more evidence into the thread, denying it without giving me a chance to defend myself. So, no, I do not believe this complaint is without merit. I was never given an opportunity to respond to the additional accusations laid upon me before being given the boot.

Yes, both things that are direct violation of the rules - making multiple times you've violated the rules, across multiple accounts. Something common in ban evaders. The fact you did not log in again is a rarity that Normalyman apologised for - but it doesn't change the fact you've broken multiple other rules over multiple accounts.

2 minutes ago, Calibraptor said:

For someone who has played over 3 separate accounts over 3 years, you really should know the rules."

Who said I played on /your/ server for 3 years? Perhaps you should check my actual playtime before lambasting me for not memorizing the rules of a server I just started playing on.

Your first login to our server on calibraptor was over 3 years ago. We don't expect you to memorize every little detail - but not calling people "faggot" generally comes under "common decency" and "not acting like a 12 year old on xbox live".

In the end here, you have broken multiple rules, insulted mentors, and generally carried on in an awful way. There is no fault at all from the admins here - you're the one who broke the rules. Not getting your appeal accepted while continuing to act in a generally awful manner is not grounds for a complaint. Thus, the complaint is without merit.

• Thanks 3